RESPONSIBLE TO: Manager and Directors
20-24 hours per week.
Main Aims of the Job
• To ensure that residents of the Home are engaged with recreational activities to suit their needs and personalities.
• To prepare activities taking into account the needs of our residents such as emotional, physical and psychological requirements.
• To organise their time allotted to ensure that all residents in the Home are provided with suitable activities.
• To find out what activities residents would like to do and what activities are suitable for them. To then carry out those activities and record the outcome of those activities. (See Activities Questionnaire)
• To prepare appropriate activities when required.
• Ensure that all activities are rotated on a regular basis to allow for diversity.
• To spend the allotted time with each client group such as those groups in the lounge, those who are in their own rooms, those who suffer from Dementia and those who have capacity
• To arrange outside trips, such as to the theatre etc agreed by the Manager and Director. Ensure the Home’s vehicle is available for the trip in the first instance.
• To ensure you have arranged all the necessary requirements such as gaining
necessary consents before taking part in activities.
• To arrange appropriate care staff to attend when necessary.
• To ensure that you gain a full history of each new resident to keep on file.
• To ensure you keep the activities folder up-to-date each week.
• To ensure close attention is paid to the assistance of residents with limited mobility and physical difficulties and to make the best use of aids provided.
• To develop a relationship of trust and friendship with the residents.
• To ensure you are well organised and flexible at all times.
• To attend and participate in staff meetings and attend mandatory training if
• To attend supervision and appraisals ensuring that you have prepared for these when required.
• To attend any other training when a need has been identified.
• To communicate effectively with other staff, relatives and visitors.
• To ensure you are familiar with all current policies and procedures and understand your duty to comply and implement them when necessary.
• To ensure you adhere to the Home’s dress policy.
• To be aware of the residents’ confidentiality at all times.
• Ensure that you do not use a mobile telephone while on duty.
• To ensure that all information of a confidential nature gained in the course of duty is not divulged to third parties.
• Understand your duty to whistle blow if you witness bad practice or harm to a
resident within the Home.
• To wear an identification badge at all times.
• To promote and ensure the good reputation of the Home at all times.
Health and Safety
• To ensure that you work in a safe environment in accordance with the Health and Safety at Work Act.
• To assist in the maintenance of a Safe and Healthy Working environment by
understanding and ensuring adherence to the Homes’ Health and Safety Policy and Procedures including Fire.
• To practice and promote safe working practices within the Home.
• To take responsibility for your own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by your acts or omissions.
• To report immediately to the Staff Senior any illness of an infectious nature or
accident incurred by a resident, colleague, self or another.
• To report to the Manager, Maintenance man or Staff Senior of any faults, damaged furniture, faulty appliances, equipment or any potential hazard.
• To clean up any spillages that you have made. Request assistance from the
Housekeeper if required
• The Home has adopted a NO SMOKING policy which applies to all posts within the Home. Smoking may be carried out in the designated area which can be found on the ground floor, outside the building, at the end of the corridor near rooms 23 and 24. The outside door is to be kept closed at all times to prevent the smell of smoke coming back into the Home.
This job description is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisagedand the range of duties required. However, it is not definitive and may be subject to periodic review.
Qualifications, Training and Experience
• Previous experience is essential.
• To have a genuine interest for older people.
• To be willing to participate in National Vocational Training Programmes if required.
• To have excellent communication skills.
• To have the ability to work effectively within a team environment.
• To be willing to undertake enhanced DBS clearance.
To apply send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or for more inforamtion contact Carol McNamara on 01304 363449
Apply for ACTIVITIES CO-ORDINATOR
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly