GP Surgery Medical Receptionist
We are recruiting ea full time, enthusiastic and professional medical receptionist to our expanding GP practice. You will work as part of a supportive team with a culture of innovating services to enhance patient care.
Charing is a large village in Kent with an active community of residents. We are a friendly, practice looking after patients from Charing and the surrounding villages. We offer our patients a broad and expanding range of services and pride ourselves on offering patients the best care possible.
We are a covid secure practice with clear processes in place to protect staff and patients whilst ensuring patients can access the care they need.
The purpose of the Receptionist's job is to ensure that patients are able to access health services including contact/make an appointment to see a doctor in the appropriate manner depending on need and that all patient records are up-to-date and available for all users when required.
The purpose of the job is also to contribute to maintaining practice administrative systems such as data input, new patient registrations, correspondence and results.
· Patient Services manager
· Practice Manager
· Doctors in Training
· Practice Nurse Team
· Patient Services Team
· Visiting Practitioners
· Work-placement colleagues.
· Patients, carers and relatives
· CCG/Board/Practitioner Services
· Local pharmacies
· Local hospitals
· Local laboratory services
· Ambulance Service
· Out of hours service
· Health Visitors
· Community Nurses
· Practice suppliers
The Receptionist will, as apriority, answer the various incoming outside lines into reception and also the internal lines.
· Handle patients telephoning with an emergency in accordance with the practice’s protocol.
· Provide future/on-the-day appointments/telephone advice slots with team members in accordance with practice’s Access Protocol.
· Record patient information accurately and pass it on to appropriate team member for advice/triage including emergencies.
· Forward calls to team members.
· Answer patient enquiries.
· Record and pass on messages.
The Receptionist will greet patients when they arrive in the practice and ensure that they are assisted appropriately. This will include the following list, which is not exhaustive:
· Handle patients presenting at reception as an emergency in accordance with the practice’s protocol.
· Provide future/on-the-day appointments in accordance with the practice’s Access Protocol.
· Assist patients to check in for their appointments.
· Process results and paperwork appropriate for collection.
· Advise walk-in patients about how to access the service according to patient need.
· Welcome and provide practice information/registration protocol details for patients wishing to register with the practice.
· Process changes of address/patient details.
· Record and pass on messages.
· Assist with unlocking and locking the surgery and ensure adherence to security procedures.
· Maintain stock of stationery, ensuring it is not excessive.
The Receptionist will contribute to the updating and maintenance of all patient records. This will include the following. The list is not exhaustive:
· Update registration and clinical details.
· Input new patient registration data.
· Provide data for house calls.
· Scan incoming correspondence and workflow to correct clinician.
· Workflow incoming results and correspondence to correct clinician.
· Provide printed appointments list for each surgery as a backup in the event that the system is unavailable.
· Accurately re-file any paper records accessed by clinicians.
· Readcoding of Docman correspondence and daily EMIS task list.
The Receptionist will accurately record and pass on patient details and the content of the message in accordance with the practice’s message protocol.
The Receptionist will contact patients by phone or using standard letters in accordance with doctors’ instructions and to agreed timescales.
CHAPERONING The Receptionist will chaperone patients when requested, in accordance with the practice policy.
The Receptionist will:
· Communicate effectively, promptly and courteously with patients, carers and relatives.
· Use the most expedient and appropriate means to communicate information to other team members.
· Communicate appropriately and accurately with colleagues outside the practice and with due reference to the common law of confidentiality and the Data Protection Act.
· Immediately inform a member of staff if a patient appears ill or if their behaviour causes concern (including correct use of Emergency/Collapse/Security protocols).
· Be aware of Child Protection issues and communicate concerns in accordance with practice protocol.
DECISION-MAKING CONTRIBUTION The Receptionist will attend and contribute to meetings in the practice (staff meetings, planning meetings, significant event, special projects). This will include contributing to the development and review of practice protocols.
We reserve the right to close the job earlier if the right candidate is found or circumstances change.
Apply for GP Surgery Medical Receptionist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly