GP DISPENSER- IVY COURT SURGERY
REPORTS TO: DISPENSARY MANAGER /PRACTICE MANAGER
HOURS: 37.5 hours per week.
SALARY: Negotiable dependent on Experience and Qualifications
The post-holder will project a positive and friendly image to dispensary patients and other visitors, deal with queries in a professional, courteous and efficient way.
Assist in the preparation of all aspects of dispensing and assist with stock control, ordering and re-stocking of the dispensary.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Printing repeat prescriptions and re-authorising where necessary.
- Liaising with GP’s and other medical staff.
- Dealing with queries from patients regarding their prescriptions.
- Collection of NHS charges/ ensuring patient declarations are completed and signed by the patient.
- Operation of efficient stock control appropriate to the needs of the dispensary with the objective of ensuring continuity of supply for patients and minimising wastage.
- Ensuring that drugs are ordered/received and stored in an appropriate manner in accordance with the manufacturers’ instructions and returning incorrect, damaged goods to the wholesaler/manufacturer.
- Ensuring that refrigerated items are stored at the appropriate temperature and maintaining the temperature control record/logbook.
- Dispensing and checking repeat prescriptions and participation in the Home Delivery Service. If there is any doubt about the appropriateness of the item, dose or labelling instructions to contact the authorising GP.
- All dispensing and checking to be undertaken under the supervision of the GP Dispensary Lead, Dispensary Manager/ Practice Manager.
- Assisting in stock checks and expiry date checks
- Providing cover for annual leave/sickness.
- Disposing of patient returned medications.
- Undertaking DRUM (dispensary review use of medicines).
- Counting of FP 10 forms and recording data on a daily basis.
- To undertake any necessary work as may be required and appropriate to maintain a high standard and efficient dispensing service.
The post-holder will participate in any training programme implemented by the Practice as part of this employment, such training to include:
- Participation in an annual individual performance review, including taking responsibility for maintaining a record of own personal and/or professional development.
- Taking responsibility for own development, learning and performance and demonstrating skills and activities to others who are undertaking similar work.
- Taking part in, in-house training sessions.
This Job Description is neither exhaustive nor exclusive and will be reviewed annually. The post holder is required to carry out any duties that may reasonably be requested by the Dispensary Manager/ Practice Manager.
In the course of seeking treatment, patients entrust us with, or allow us to gather, sensitive information in relation to their health and other matters. They do so in confidence and have the right to expect that staff will respect their privacy and act appropriately.
In the performance of the duties outlined in this Job Description, the post-holder may have access to confidential information relating to patients and their carers, Practice staff and other healthcare workers. They may also have access to information relating to the Practice as a business organisation. All such information from any source is to be regarded as strictly confidential.
Information relating to patients, carers, colleagues, other healthcare workers or the business of the Practice may only be divulged to authorised persons in accordance with the Practice policies and procedures relating to confidentiality and the protection of personal and sensitive data.
For more information or to apply contact
Apply for GP Dispenser
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly