Junior Mortgage Advisor - Maidstone Area
Arun Estates has over 100 branches across the South East and our Mortgage services team, (Mortgage Matters Direct) is vital in providing our customers with additional services to help them move home. Locally known as Wards of Kent, we also incorporate Cubitt & West covering Surrey, Sussex and Hampshire, Douglas Allen in Essex and Pittis on the Isle of Wight.
What’s in it for you?
- Working for a company where:
94% of people enjoy their work
92% of people feel proud to work for the company
91% think the company is a good place to work
- Working within a successful, established team of professionals
- The opportunity to earn bonus on top of your basic salary
Working alongside one of our best Mortgage Advisors in the business, you will support and continue the customer journey from initial consultation with the Senior Broker onto the full application and reviews of protection insurances.
This is a role of significant trust and would suit someone who is able to handle potentially complex, personal and business scenarios with both residential and buy-to-let mortgage applications.
It is a great opportunity to really get some hands on, practical experience and start your career in the mortgage business!
- You will be providing a high level of administrative support while maintaining an excellent level of customer service to clients
- You will be a point of contact for clients and third parties, keeping our clients fully aware of the progress of their mortgage
- Under the direction of the Senior Adviser you will also present and process Life Insurance/protection recommendations to our customers.
- Liaising with our internal Customer Service Advisors to progress applications through to exchange and completion.
- Maintaining a compliant service in line with the Financial Services Authority and our obligations to/from clients under the Data Protection Act.
- You will be tasked with preparing Reasons for recommendations Letters and accuracy of data.
- You will be responsible for new business submission using bespoke software & lender systems.
- You will need to ensure that business obtained is being processed in a timely way
- Due to the nature of the business, tasks must be completed following clearly defined business processes
- Brilliant at making our customers feel valued and appreciated
- Ideally some previous sales experience gained in a structured financial services environment and with CEMAP (although this is not essential and for the right person we would consider sponsorship for this qualification)
- Able to spot any potential problems with an application but stay cool and composed when the pressure is on
- Comfortable working to tight deadlines with an excellent eye for detail
- Hard working and attentive to both customers and mortgage colleagues alike
- Persistent, determined and energetic
- Professional and business-like
- Good computer and IT skills
Start Date: ASAP
Basic Salary: Circa £20,000
On Target Earnings: £30,000 - £35,000 (uncapped)
Location: Maidstone Area
Work Pattern: Monday to Friday 08-30am to 6-00pm
Benefits: 33 days paid Holiday, Pension, Life Insurance, Company Rewards and Incentives, Employee Assistance Scheme