Clinical Customer Service and Administration Apprentice
We are a small-medium sized GP practice that provides medical assistance to just under 9000 patients some with quiet complex medical needs. The team consists of GP’s, Advanced Nurse Practitioners, Practice Nurses, Health Care Assistants, Paramedic Practitioners, Clinical Pharmacists, Practice Management, and a Clinical Administration Team.
DESCRIPTION OF VACANCY
Birchington Medical Centre, a caring and friendly GP practice are looking for a Clinical Administration Apprentice to join our growing team at a very exciting time. We are developing and growing as a practice and would like a Clinical Administration apprentice to become part of that journey.
The Clinical Administration Apprentice would be pivotal in supporting the practice’s clinical administration. The role will be able to experience all of the administration required in a GP practice from being a front line on reception, helping patients to support with clinical notes.
This is a great opportunity for someone to really develop their customer service skills and really understand the full cycle of good patient service.
- Support the reception team to receive, assist and direct patients in accessing the appropriate service or healthcare professional in a courteous, efficient and effective way.
- Answering the telephone in a timely & professional manner
- Deal with all general enquiries, explain procedures and make new and follow-up appointments.
- Booking appointments appropriately and monitoring the practice appointments system.
- Processing personal and telephone requests for appointments, visits and telephone consultations and ensuring callers are directed to the appropriate healthcare professional, to include message taking.
- Keeping the reception area, notice-boards and leaflet dispensers tidy and free from obstructions and clutter.
- To monitor SAS emails/booking SAS patient appointments / Liaising with SAS / arranging security.
- To manage EMIS workflow/ Docman in a timely manner.
- To monitor the incoming E-Consult messages booking an appropriate appointment or directing to the most appropriate department.
- To read and have a thorough knowledge of all practice procedures.
- To work in accordance with written protocols.
- Process outgoing mail created by the reception team.
- Computer data entry/allocation and collation; process and record information in accordance with practice procedures.
- Maintain stationary levels, making and orders as necessary.
- Any other administrative duties as needed.
Provide administrative support to the Medical Secretaries and QOF team by undertaking the following:
- Typing up tape/tasks from clinicians
- Chase test appointments and results from local hospitals
- Monitoring the medical secretaries emails and action and or raise anything urgent.
- General duties, such as scanning, photocopying, printing and distribution of post.
£187.50 per week
37.5 hours a week
Half-hour lunch break –unpaid
- Good level of IT skills
- Pro-active approach to problem-solving.
- Works well as part of a team
- organisational and time management skills
- Ability to prioritise daily workload
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Discretion and confidentiality
- Attention to detail
- Friendly and positive can-do attitude.
- A flexible and helpful approach to work
- MS Office Proficiency
- Able to manage sensitive and emotive situations
- Willingness to learn and develop
GCSE Maths & English Grade C or above or equivalent.
On the job training with the employer whilst working towards the Level 2 Customer Service Practitioner Apprenticeship and Functional Skills if appropriate.
Regular work based assessments/observations carried out by Kent Training & Apprenticeships Tutor Assessor, to determine competency and meet with Awarding Body standards