HGV Class 1 Driver/Labourer
To deliver excellent Scaffold Driver / Labouring services in compliance with Company Standards effectively and within the department’s service level of commitment.
- To do day to day receiving, storing, stacking loading & Dispatching of various yard materials.
- Responsible for the safe delivery and collection of scaffold from GKR Scaffolding Yard to Site & / or Supplier.
- To help load and unload and transfer scaffolding from and to different jobs
- To support in delivering the maintenance of all plant and equipment in the yard
- To be aware of any hazardous recognition and notify the management of any hazards
- To help organise the unloading and loading of the lorries and tallying the load
- A a driver / Labourer make sure that a safe working environment is established and maintained at all times supported and controlled by the Yard & Transport Manager and the Assistant Yard & Transport Manager
- To do daily routine checks on Vehicles
- To be responsible for securing loads Safely
- Assist with day to Day Activities & housekeeping duties in the Yard
- To hold a CSCS Card & CPC Card & be HGV Class 1 certificated.
- To inspect all plant equipment with the Assistant Yard & Transport Manager / Yard & Transport Manager assisting on receipt and report on their condition and quality
- Do debrief to management upon return to Yard from Site
- Do a daily morning check sheet and a weekly running sheet. To deliver an end of day report to the Yard and Transport Manager / Assistant Yard & Transport Manager.
- To record all TACO graphs via the TAC Card or Discs whilst using the vehicle & abide by TACO regulations set.
- To be responsible for the reporting of any accidents caused or involved in to the Assistant Yard Transport Manager / Yard Transport Manager & hand in reports and witness statements
- To hold knowledge of the road map in and around London Areas & drive in a responsible manner upholding the Company reputation.
- To report all Car parking fines immediately.
- Be responsible for informing the Company of any road side checks made by VOSA or the police and or any other government bodies.
- To keep Company informed of any points on your license in order to be driver compliant
- To be responsible for opening of the Yard and securing when last driver in at night.
- Upon arrival to site ensure management are aware of arrival
- To be responsible for own time management in accordance with Company schedule set.
- To attend Tool Box Talks & Company Briefs Appropriate as well as training specified to Role dependant.
- To hold ultimate responsibility for the GKR Scaffolding Lorry whilst assigned.
- To prioritize work to deal with shifting priorities during the workday or week
Occasional weekend work/Overtime available
Apply for HGV Class 1 Driver/Labourer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly