CMS Developer (Senior) for digital agency
We encourage and welcome applications from all ethnicities, ages, stories and backgrounds.
We're recruiting for a Senior Developer with a focus on content management systems, ideally with five or more years commercial experience. We're also interested in hearing from developers looking to take the next jump in their career and move into a senior and mentoring position. You may have had some experience before and are looking for a supportive environment to guide your journey along this path.
Our teams find themselves working with a diverse range of clients, such as ITV, the Palaces of the British Royal Household, the country's top museums including Imperial War Museums and Royal Museums Greenwich, Government institutions like the National Crime Agency and Food Standards Agency, not-for-profits, including the Tony Blair Institute and London Zoo, cultural and event centres such as the Southbank Centre and the British Film Institute, higher education establishments such as the University of Derby and Middlesex University. We've even done work for the technology giants such as AWS, when they need our very particular set of skills.
You'll also get to work with a wide variety of the latest technologies. Our diverse client portfolio means we need to apply many different technologies in different situations. Recent projects have included developing isomorphic React applications, producing strongly typed functional code, deployment pipelines to Google Firebase and AWS Lambda, building Dockerised infrastructure, and contributing to open source projects.
If you believe in technical excellence and have the communication and collaboration skills to work effectively with Deeson colleagues and directly with our clients, then this will be a great role for you.
Here’s what to expect:
- Developing innovative, high quality technical solutions that really do the job
- Building relationships with clients and helping them to achieve their goals
- Using your insight to help plan and drive project delivery
- Leading the team in your technical specialism
- Giving code and experience back to the open source community
- Research new technologies and ways of delivering projects
- Presenting and rationalising your work internally and to our clients.
- Maintaining and championing high quality technical standards for all the agency’s output.
- Turning client requirements into technical specifications
Who we're looking for:
- Senior competency in at least one of our core technology platforms:
- PHP: Drupal, Laravel, Symfony
- Python: Django
- 5+ years of commercial experience as a software engineer (must include agency experience)
- A commitment to learning our core platforms to our high standards
- A genuine passion for our culture and our approach.
- A dedication to coding excellence and continuous personal development
- Great written and face to face communication skills
- An ability to work well in a cross-disciplinary project team
- Worked with a good range of third party APIs
- Experience of delivery using an Agile software methodology
- Contributed code to an Open Source project
- Linux command line and server administration skills
- Familiarity with automated deployment systems
- Familiarity using testing frameworks
- Familiarity with modern frontend build tools such as WebPack
- Familiarity using Docker in local development
- Presented at tech meet-ups or conferences
Salary and benefits
Deeson operates a transparent approach to pay and reward. We do this because we believe that pay-setting and pay progression should be fair, open, and based on the impact team members have in our business.
You can read more about this and see the current salary scales for all roles at Deeson in our team handbook.
You can see how initial salaries are set for new team members joining Deeson here.
We have a "no negotiation" policy on salaries to ensure that starting salaries are set fairly and not on a candidate's ability or desire to negotiate.
Other benefits of working at Deeson include:
- Flexible working hours and locations
- The Deeson fair pay guarantee
- Holidays and time off
- Wellness fund
- Equipment budget
- Recruitment bonus
- Company pension
- Unlimited training budget
- Peer recognition scheme
- Tax-free cycles and e-cycles
- Charity work and volunteering
- Paid sabbaticals