Secretary / Administrator
Finn’s is an independent, rural-based chartered surveying and property practice with a rich history and currently comprises three offices in East Kent.
We serve a wide range of agricultural, commercial, development and residential clients. The firm’s busy and wide-ranging workload, most of which is within Kent, includes valuations, planning, landlord/tenant matters, compulsory purchase claims, farm and land sales, management of various landed estates, renewable energy and residential and commercial development (this forms its Professional Department). The firm also has a separate Residential Sales and Lettings Department.
Finn’s has an exciting new opportunity for a motivated and professional Secretary/Administrator to provide support to a Director within the Professional Department. The role will provide the right candidate with a varied and interesting workload, operating in an enjoyable and dynamic environment.
The firm prides itself on its traditional values with a modern approach providing our clients with an unrivalled service. At the heart of this are the people working within Finn’s.
- Completing quarterly and monthly accounts using a specialist database and spreadsheets.
- Audio typing of reports, letters and other correspondence.
- Property management (i.e., liaising with tenants and utility companies)
- Preparing leases, licenses and other legal documentation.
- Office management (i.e., ordering supplies).
- Managing both paper and electronic files.
- Dealing with telephone enquiries.
- HR responsibilities (i.e., logging staff holiday/sickness).
- The candidate may from time to time be asked to attend events and site meetings outside of the office to take minutes/notes or to take photographs and collect information.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite (Excel/Word/Outlook).
- Accurate and efficient typing skills. Audio typing experience is necessary.
- Diary management.
- Minute/note taking.
- Excellent grammar, numeracy, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Be able to work under pressure and to deadlines.
- Ability to work as part of a team or unsupervised.
- Willingness to use initiative and seek out improvements.
- Confidence in managing conflicting workloads.
- Attention to detail.
- Professional, warm and friendly.
- Clean full driving licence.
- Previous experience in property would be an advantage.
- First stage: via Skype/Zoom.
- Second stage: on site adhering to COVID-19 safety measures.