Support Workers – No Experience Required
Find your place with us and help change lives.
We are one of the largest learning disability charities in the UK, supporting over 2,500 people through our friendly, supportive, creative and diverse teams.
About the role
We are seeking Support Workers to join us and support adults with learning disabilities to live the best life possible. You don’t need experience of support work or any special qualifications for this job - you’ll get plenty of training along the way.
The purpose of your role is to give the highest possible standards of support to individuals with moderate to severe learning disabilities, in all aspects of their daily lives. You’ll be helping to ensure the people we support:
- Build confidence to develop interests
- Feel secure and safe
- Are provided with any personal care needed with dignity
- Increase their independence
- Are enabled to make as many choices as possible
- Achieve personal goals, which may include travel or holidays
We provide 24/7 support to some people, so you will need to have flexibility to work shifts, including nights, weekends and Bank Holidays.You will also need to be able to drive.
Having the right values, a positive attitude to life and a desire to support people to live their life with as much independence, choice, dignity and control as possible is what matters most. You will need to have good listening skills and a practical, caring approach. You also need to have basic level IT skills to be able to use a computer as you will regularly need to record information about people you will be supporting.
We are currently restricting face-to-face training; therefore most of your training courses, including some aspects of your induction, will be online. But you will still be able learn from your colleagues in a supportive hands-on environment.
- Apprenticeships – earn whilst gaining a fully funded Level 2 Diploma in Health & Social Care with a Top 100 Apprenticeship Employer (ranked 11th in 2020)
- Access to the Hft Plus benefits package, which includes a great number of discounts and rewards across shops, restaurants, gym membership and days out; but also an Employee Assistance Programme, with telephone and face-to-face support options
- Access to award winning training and development – Hft is one of only four charities to have achieved the Skills for Care ‘Centre of Excellence’ provider status
- Annual staff award scheme and peer recognition through our GEM awards programme
- 20 days holiday (plus 8 bank holidays) increasing to 25 days after a year of employment (pro rata for part time staff)
- A contributory pension scheme & life assurance
- Free DBS Check
- As a “key worker” you will benefit from government incentive schemes
Potential earnings of £20,377* pa based on a qualified rate and 47 sleep-ins per year
- Starting rate £8.91 per hour rising to £9.10 on gaining a Health & Social Care Diploma/NVQ Level 2 or
- Starting rate with Health & Social Care Diploma/NVQ Level 2 £8.91 rising to £9.10 on completion of probation
- £49.08 payment for sleep-ins (plus 12.07% in lieu of holiday pay)
Full time and part time hours available.
Please apply via this listing
Join us and help change lives.