Factory Operatives/Skilled Factory Operatives/Skilled & Multi Skilled Hygiene Operatives
Factory Operative, Skilled Factory Operative and Hygiene
Shift Pattern: Days – varied by role but usually 6:00am starts. Evenings – varied by role but usually 3-4:00pm starts. Nights – varied by role but usually 9-10:00pm starts.
Pay: £9.07 - £12.78 per hour (depending on shift pattern) - weekly paid
Benefits: Pension, Life Assurance
Who are Bakkavor:
Bakkavor is one of the leading providers of fresh prepared food in the UK, with an international presence in the US and China. Our 19,000 employees operate from 39 locations, developing and producing innovative food for a wide variety of occasions and budgets. In the UK, we work with leading grocery retailers, focusing on their own label brands.
Tilmanstone Salads, based near Dover in Kent, employs around 850 people and each year it produces millions of bags of leafy salads and prepared vegetables for a dedicated customer. It is one of eight factories that are part of the Bakkavor Salads sector in the UK.
We currently have opportunities across our three different shift patterns for Factory Operatives, Skilled Factory Operatives and Hygiene positions on a full time and a part time basis. Below provides a snapshot of each position but one common aspect of all positions is that they are all fast-paced and you must have good attention to detail and be able to work well in teams.
£9.07 - £9.31ph (shift dependent)
- You will work closely with other members of our production team, ensuring that each product we produce contains all the elements it should and they are of the quality our clients expect
- You will be hands-on as part of the team, working in one of our distinct production zones, where you will use a combination of hand and mechanical/electrical tools (once trained).
- Tasks can vary within the business such as in feeding and topping a product, feeding the product through a flow wrapper, and disposing of waste all using a clean as you go process.
Skilled Factory Operatives:
£9.12 - £12.78ph (shift dependent)
- If you’ve worked in manufacturing/production previously, can problem-solve in pressured environments and have experience motivating a team of colleagues, then we have opportunities to work as one of our Team Leaders.
- If you’re mechanically minded and can work under your own initiative, then there are opportunities to work as one of our Machine Minders where you will take on more responsibilities in your production zone; ensuring that our production equipment runs as it should and small breakdowns are repaired quickly.
£9.88 - £11.06ph (shift dependent)
- You will be hands-on as part of the team, where you will assist in the deep clean of the production and storage areas including machinery.
- Working to set cleaning schedules for our production lines, including the use of chemical and mechanical cleaners as well as taking equipment apart for routine regular cleans.
- The role will require you to record completion of cleaning activities and ensure due diligence.
All of our roles area platform to build a solid work history from a large multinational company who pride themselves on giving people a chance to reach their potential and progress with us.
If you are interested in any of these positions or would like to find out more about opportunities with Bakkavor then please email firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also apply at bakkover.com/careers
Or call us on 0345 266 1843