Full-time, Permanent Education Leader
(Post-16 SEND - Functional Skills and Supported Employment)
Could your SEND education track record and leadership skills strengthen a team determined to improve, adapt and innovate after Covid-19, and support young people to reach their full potential?
Do you join us in the belief that young people with learning disabilities and/or autism can achieve their work aspirations despite the pandemic’s devastating impact on the jobs market?
Bemix is a growing Specialist SEND Post-16 provider and social enterprise with a passion for co- co-production and inclusion.
We are seeking an experienced, focused and energetic education leader to work at the heart of our leadership and teaching team, leading on the curriculum across Supported Internships and our new Preparation for Employment programme.
- Hours: Full-time permanent contract in line with National standard teacher hours and working days.
- Location: Working across our bases in Medway, Swale and Gravesham in Kent.
- Salary and Benefits: Negotiable, with consideration to skills and past experience + contributory pension scheme.
- Start date: September 2021 (with some flexibility to wait for any worked notice period).
The successful post holder will join us at an exciting point in our development, growth and quality improvement. You will lead on education in a team that combines teaching staff with supported employment specialists and develop the quality of the curriculum, including Supported Internships and a new Preparation For Employment programme.
A Supported Internship is a powerful model of an education and employment programme that is proven to be effective at overcoming the many barriers young people with learning disabilities and/or autism face with employment. Learning takes place in Job Club, Social Enterprise Days and in workplaces as well as in Functional Skills lessons. We have grown from our first cohort of 12 young people in 2017 to 50 today, with plans to grow further in response to local need. Our ultimate goal is to inspire, enable and support more young people with learning difficulties and/or autism to achieve a job and career.
You will be immersed in a team that is highly supportive and nurturing, where your skills, experience and contributions will be valued and help shape the future of our provision. Emma, Functional Skills Teacher with bemix, says: ‘’I joined bemix two years ago as a NQT. They are a wonderful organisation to work for with a positive attitude and sound ethos towards the people they work alongside. I feel a valued team member and have a great work-life balance. I am truly thankful for the opportunity to be able to be a part of a young persons journey through their supported internment placement alongside being able to perform a job I love”.
Key skills required:
- Qualified Teacher Status and significant experience and knowledge teaching young adults, 16 years + with SEND, including young people with learning difficulties and/or autism.
- Strong, proven experience of both curriculum and team leadership.
- Experience in working to Ofsted requirements, while able to learn quickly about Supported Employment and how it is integrated into a Study Programme.
- Substantial knowledge of quality monitoring and performance management.
- A commitment to inclusive education and dedication to respond to the needs of all learners whilst leading outstanding learning and teaching.
Please download and read the full details about this rewarding post in the job pack: https://www.bemix.org/curriculum-lead
If you see your work as a vocation and are passionate about making a difference and are committed to, and energised by, our vision and values, then we would love to hear from you.
Apply here: https://www.bemix.org/apply-for-a-job
Apply by: Midnight, Tuesday 4th May 2021.
Shortlisting date: Wednesday 5th May 2021.
We will contact you (by email) by the end of the day on Thursday 6th May 2021 to let you know whether you have or haven’t been shortlisted for an interview.
Interview date: Monday 10th May, 2021.
Location for interview: Remotely or face to face at one of the bemix sites.
No agency contact, please. You will be required to declare all past convictions, whether spent or not, as this post is exempt from The Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1984. You will also be required to undergo an Enhanced DBS Check. bemix promotes equality in the workplace