PORTAL HOUSE Full Time Catering Manager
7 days left
- Full Time
PORTAL HOUSE SCHOOL
Sea Street, St. Margaret’s at Cliffe, Dover, Kent CT15 6SS
Tel: 01304 853033. Fax: 01304 853526
Full Time Permanent
37 hours per week term time only + 5 staff training days
(term time only + 5 staff training days)
Salary: Kent Range 7 £23,033 - £26,075 (pro rata)
Required to start: Monday 28th June (earlier is possible for a handover)
Portal House School is a successful KCC Special School for secondary aged pupils who experience Social, Emotional and Mental Health Needs
Portal House has recently been redeveloped to include an extensive new kitchen. You will be expected to cook a main lunchtime meal for up to 120 people a day. You will be responsible for the kitchen i.e. what goes on in there and what comes out of the kitchen.
Ordering and preparing all the food.
Cook a healthy, yet substantial mid-day meal to serve to students, staff and visitors.
Manage a part time kitchen assistant.
Ensure high standards of hygiene and Health & Safety.
Communicate effectively with a wide range of people.
Essential skills and qualities:
1. ‘Hands on’ Catering Manager
2. Hold relevant qualifications.
3. Previous successful experience of cooking large quantities of quality food to a time schedule.
4. Design balanced weekly menus.
5. Order in appropriate ingredients, and stay within budget.
6. Manage kitchen support staff well.
7. Able to keep to time deadlines and cope with occasional changes to scheduled practices.
8. Keep your area clean and adhere to the latest Kitchen Standards.
Have a sense of humour and ability to work hard!
Portal House is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
If you wish to apply for this post (for which a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required).
Please apply at www.kent-teach.com
Closing date for applications: Friday 28th May 2021
Interview date: Tuesday 8th June 2021