Allerton Care - Service Manager
3 days left
- Full Time
Allerton Care & Support South East
Allerton is an integrated social care, housing, and development company, working so that everyone can live the life they choose in a home they love.
We are a diverse, ambitious team, excited about what we do – and we want to be recognised among the best in the sector. That means working together to empower each other – our customers, as well as colleagues – to achieve things no-one thought possible.
Because everyone is different, at Allerton we put the person first: we listen, advise, and craft appropriate support packages to meet each individual’s need.
We are looking to recruit a Service Manager based at our Registered office in The Maidstone Area, Kent. A successful candidate will manage and Lead our Team Leaders to ensure a high quality of service is delivered to people we support. You will be a people orientated individual who is passionate about delivering the highest standard of person-centred support. With the ability to work on your own or as part of a team, you will possess good verbal and written communication skills with an eye for detail ensuring accuracy of data. With a calming influence, the role holder will need to be able to work under pressure, be responsive and adapt quickly to changing requirements.
As a Service Manager you will report to and work alongside the Registered Manager with all aspects of the day-to-day running of multiple supported living services.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Overseeing the roles of Team Leader and supporting the team Leaders to manage the supporting roles.
- Relationship management with people we support – responding flexibly to their needs as individuals.
- Team leadership and employee management – to lead, direct and support team.
- To carry out investigations into complaints and safeguarding issues and ensure actions are followed through.
- Manage Incidents and Accident reports, actions and lessons learnt. Ensuring these are communication to others where appropriate.
- When using administrative systems, ensure factual, accurate information is held and that all computerised and manual records are up to date.
- Maintain and monitor all legal and statutory records.
- Undertake spot checks in all services.
- Supervisions and annual appraisals of all Team Leaders.
- Complete competency reviews for Team leaders and Senior staff
- Be responsible for writing person-centred Support Plans and Complete risk assessments for all new persons we support.
- Ensuring all person-centred support plan and risk assessment are monitored and reviewed.
- Managing referrals process from initial assessment to contract start date ensuring that all documents are implemented prior to placement | Move in date.
- Attend case reviews with local authorises regarding reviewing of placements or contracts.
- Participate in on-call rota.
- Monitor Quality assurance via audits across all services.
- Health and Social Care Diploma Level 5 (NVQ) in Leadership and Management for Care Services (or working towards)
- Previous experience in a similar supported living environment which includes managing a staff team.
- Good knowledge and experience of implementing Safeguarding Adults procedures, Health and Social Care Act, Mental Capacity Act and other regulatory legislation.
- Good knowledge and experience of working with people with Learning Disabilities, Autism and other complex needs.
- Good knowledge and experience of working with the CQC and other partner agencies such as the local authority and supporting groups such as Skills for Care.
- Full Driving Licence and access to a vehicle.
- Knowledge and experience of working with people who have a dual diagnosis.
- Knowledge and experience of working with cloud-based IT systems.
- Understanding of GDPR
- A willingness to work toward QCF qualifications in health and social care.
- Knowledge of CQC regulations and their key lines of enquiry.
Benefits of working for us include:
- Salary £26,000 per annum
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Learning and Development opportunities
- Workplace Pension
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Employee Discount Scheme
Enquiries can be made at 01732 373021
Please send CV and a short supporting statement on why you would be suitable for the role
Apply for Allerton Care - Service Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly