Qualified or very experienced part qualified accountant (Part Time & Full Time Vacancy)
Key Responsibilities include;
- Assist with yearend and other financial statements, journal postings, accruals, and prepayments.
- Reconciliation of all balance sheet control accounts & bank accounts
- Nominal ledger balance sheet and bank postings including controlling and overseeing lease direct debits and maintaining lease contract files.
- Assist purchase ledger and sales ledger staff as required
- Run draft VAT returns and keep on top of deadlines
- Provide support with yearend audits and compilation of any national statistical returns.
- Provide support to the Group financial controller and other departments on an ad-hoc basis as need arise
- Carrying out other tasks to support the accounts team such as credit control/ supplier statement reconciliation & posting purchase invoices.
- Carry out payroll related postings and journals and control account reconciliations.
- Carry out add hoc sales invoicing for non stock items.
- Maintaining fixed asset records and posting depreciations
Qualifications and Experience
- Previous experience in above duties
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to produce quality work under pressure to tight deadlines
- Highly proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Applications (Excel)
Accounting software currently being used
- Kerridge Commercial Systems