Fibre Cable Technician
We are a Network Installation Company seeking experienced Telecom Fibre Engineers to join our Telecommunications projects around Kent and London.
You will be employed to install, connect and test, optical fibre cable in the provision of PON (Passive Optical Networks) and Spine Routes, on the Openreach external network.
If you are currently working on similar projects, or have previously, and would welcome a new exciting challenge, we would love to hear from you.
You must hold the following:
- A valid driving licence, with the ability to tow.
- A valid MEWP ticket.
- Streetworks card. (Minimum unit 2)
- Openreach Accreditations.
Whilst no two days will be the same, typically your day could look like this:
- Completing intrusive surveys on the underground and overhead network to locate blockages, and establish a clear route. (Rodding and Roping)
- Assessing CBT (Connectorised Block Terminal) locations to minimise overhead road crossings.
- Producing A55 diagrams. (As built)
- Installing sub-duct and blowing fibre cable on spine routes.
- Introducing fibre nodes and CBTs.
- Building and creating nodes.
- Splicing and testing external fibre cables.
Pension Scheme, Company Health Scheme, Achievable bonus in addition to salary, Birthday off.*
Apply for Fibre Cable Technician
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly