J & R CARE LTD are seeking :
CHILDREN'S HOME ASSISTANT MANAGER
PROFILE - Position: Residential Children’s Home, Assistant Manager Responsible to: The Directors/Responsible Individual/ Registered Manager. Main Purpose of the Job: To work within a four-bedded Residential Children’s Homes in Crowborough, East Sussex which is registered for children between 8 - 18 years old with emotional and behavioural needs.
MAIN DUTIES -
- To assist the Manager in achieving the aims and objectives of the Statement of Purpose.
- To support the staff team to enable them to meet the needs of the children and young people.
- To undertake direct work with children and young people as appropriate.
- To ensure each shift is planned and resources allocated.
- To work in partnership with other professionals to achieve positive outcomes for young people.
- To facilitate supervision and support to staff in line with the Children’s Homes Regulations and Quality Standards and as directed by the Registered Manager
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- To meet the needs of children through:
- Ensuring that each member of staff is aware of each child’s care plan and their responsibilities for its implementation.
- Attending childcare reviews,
- To assist the Home Manager in planning relevant meetings as required
- Undertaking direct work with young people and acting as an appropriate role model.
- Maintaining accurate written records.
- Chairing children’s meetings and facilitating consultation with young people generally.
- Acting as an appropriate adult.
- Providing supervisory control and direction in relation to staff duties and responsibilities.
- Taking responsibility for planning shifts and ensuring their smooth running when on duty.
- Providing consultation and informal advice and support to staff in relation to day to day matters
- Facilitating 1:1 supervision to staff in line with the Children’s Homes Regulations and Quality Standards
- Contributing to team and staff meetings to facilitate good communication and staff development.
- Ensuring staff work within the Home’s policies, procedures and the Children’s Homes Regulations and Quality Standards requirements.
- Ensuring general daily tasks within the home are completed.
- Providing an out of hours on call support service on a rotational basis.
- Acting as a buffer to the Registered Manager
- Taking full responsibility for the home at times when the Registered Manager is on leave.
Please apply via email or head over to the website https://jandrcareltd.co.uk/
Apply for ASSISTANT MANAGER
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly