Deputy Manager - St James Church Breakfast and After school club
- Part Time
St James Church Breakfast and After school club - Deputy Manager Job description
Session Hours To be discussed at interview
- Club runs from 7.45-9.00 and 3.00-6.15 term time only.
- Additional Hours as required for meetings, training. These may be evenings or weekdays
- Enhanced DBS clearance required
- Pay: £11.94 per hour
- Relevant training will be provided
Here is an outline of the whole administration position, some however not all of these duties will be taken on by the Deputy Manager
- To work under and alongside the direction of the After School Club’s manager to provide safe, high quality play and provision for children.
- To assist the Manager in organising a daily routine that meet the emotional, social, physical and intellectual needs of the children
- To build links and work in partnership with parents, carers and professionals to promote the wellbeing of the children.
- To take responsibility and be in charge in the absences of the Manager.
Main responsibilities in the club:
- Contribute to the planning of the daily activities to ensure children’s needs are met at all times whilst ensuring the National Standards and out of school play values, as defined by the Manager. Supervise the safe escorting of children when necessary, to ensure their wellbeing.
- Work with other staff to maintain the After School Club to an agreed standard of cleanliness and hygiene, before, during and at the end of each session, to ensure the wellbeing of the children and staff.
- Advise the After School Club Manager of any concerns e.g. regarding children, parents or the safety of equipment, preserving confidentiality as necessary, to ensure the safety of the children whilst working guidelines for Child Protection to ensure the wellbeing of the children.
- Support the Manager in ensuring that children, whilst in the After School Club, have access to appropriate activities to support their physical, emotional, social and intellectual development giving consideration to families’ ethnic, cultural and linguistic backgrounds in accordance with the After School Club’s Equal Opportunities policy.
- Support the After School Club Manager in ensuring that records, including the children’s, families, staffing, registers, health and safety, sickness etc are confidentially maintained in order to ensure effective storage and retrieval of information.
- Admin responsibilities to be shared between deputy manager and manager. Such roles and responsibilities will include the shared division of:
- Payroll / Set up salary payments for 26th /PAYE, NI payments to Church account
- Monthly finance/forecast summary
- Reconcile bank account & maintain income/expenditure report
- Book sessions on Superfox for each child
- Run invoice batch & convert to PDF’s
- Email invoices to parents
- Apply payments to Superfox
- Send reminders if non-payment
- Print Registers
- Attend management committee meetings & present ASC finance
- End of year accounts – all paperwork, bank statements, income/expenditure report & list of debtors/creditors
- Set up spreadsheets for the year & set budget
- Set up term dates on Superfox
- Amendment to contract letters for September pay rise
- Respond to queries from parents & other emails & occasional post into office or via school & communicate to club if required
- Maintain waiting list & contact parents when space available
- DBS checks, references, for new staff
- New staff contracts
- Pay staff expenses
- Maintain website
- Email communications to parents
Please email your CV
Apply for Deputy Manager - St James Church Breakfast and After school club
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly