GP SURGERY RECEPTIONIST APPRENTICE (LEVEL 2/INTERMEDIATE)
Westgate Surgery is a busy GP practice serving the population of Westgate.
We have 5 doctors and 5 nurses and provide a range of medical services to the local residents.
Description of vacancy
Westgate railway station is a 2 min walk.
This role includes:
- Answering the telephone.
- Making patients appointments.
- dealing with administration tasks.
- Booking for tests.
- Completing patient support tasks.
These are interesting roles for someone who wants to begin a career in health care or administration.
Your role will include:
- Passing messages in a timely manner.
- Using electronic clinical systems.
- Support patients accessing health care.
- Support Management and staff.
- General administration and office support.
Starting salary of £4.40 per hour
Roles will be for 32 hours per week to include 6 hours of study
Days to be agreed but may be from 8.00 am to 18.30 Monday to Friday
20% paid time during working hours is given to complete training, referred to as “Off the Job Training”
- Computer Literate.
- Focussed approach to work.
- Able to work as part of a team.
- Able to work on own initiative.
- Good communication skills.
- The ability to maintain confidentiality is crucial.
- Well-spoken and presentable.
- Good attention to detail.
GCSE Grade 4 to 9 (or Grade C or higher) in English and Maths or equivalent qualifications in these subjects
On the job training with the employer whilst working towards the Level 2 Customer Service Practitioner Apprenticeship and Functional Skills if appropriate.
Regular work based assessments/observations carried out by Kent Training & Apprenticeships Tutor Assessor, to determine competency and meet with Awarding Body standards.
The employer has asked that you do not contact them direct. Doing so could jeopardise your application. You will be responsible for your travel expenses to and from your place of work. Therefore, you must have the means to get to your place of work on a daily basis whilst waiting for your first wages to be paid.
KT&A: Kent Training & Apprenticeships are part of Kent County Council and are a leading training organisation with nearly 30 years successful experience. KT&A specialise in high quality work-based training, delivered by qualified staff with personal experience of working in the skill area they teach.