CUSTOMER SERVICE APPRENTICE (LEVEL 2/INTERMEDIATE)
Rainham School for Girls represents a culture of high aspiration, high expectation and success. Our aim is to provide an outstanding learning experience for all students within a safe, disciplined and caring environment.
Throughout their educational career, students will be offered a vast range of opportunities to extend their knowledge and skills base in both curricular and extra-curricular activities in order to prepare them for their future careers and for life. Students will engage in a learning journey which will challenge and inspire them, one which will see them progress and grow into independent, confident, respectful young people.
Travel Information: The nearest station is Rainham. From here, walk about 10 mins adjacent to Manor Farm (on Maidstone Road) Take Arriva Kent & Surrey Bus 116. (2 minute journey) Get off opposite Highfield Road. Walk about 9 mins to destination.
Description of vacancy
We are looking for a confident apprentice to join our busy administration team. The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills, be a good team player and enjoy working around young people.
- Establish and maintain good relationships with all students, parents/carers, colleagues, suppliers, contractors and other professionals.
- Undertake administrative/clerical tasks including photocopying, filing, faxing and collating reports.
- Assist with processing of orders and invoicing.
- Assist in maintaining and updating information held on school databases.
- Assist in the routine collection of data as required.
- Assist in ensuring that registers are collected and returned as required, and that students arriving late to school are signed in as per school procedures.
- Assist in the circulation of incoming mail and outgoing post.
- Undertake reception duties including the signing in/out of visitors to the school.
- Courteously welcome and receive visitors/callers to the school and deal with enquiries as required, maintaining security requirements and confidentiality.
- Direct visitors to school as appropriate.
- Answer incoming and internal switchboard calls, dealing with requests and enquiries and taking messages as required.
- Deal with students that are feeling unwell or have been injured, and those needing to leave school for medical appointments.
- Accept deliveries to the school and make arrangements for their appropriate distribution.
- Assist with the smooth operation of school admissions e.g. giving out application forms.
- Receive, record and bank school trip monies received from students/parents/carers.
- Attend school events as required.
- Assist in school emergencies, including locating staff, contacting emergency services and completing necessary documentation.
- Ensure that all administrative/clerical duties, checks and documentation including returns and reports are completed
£4.30 per hour
37 hours per week
Monday – Thursday 8am – 4pm
Friday 8am – 3.30pm
20% paid time during working hours is given to complete training, referred to as “Off the Job Training”
- Good Organisational Skills.
- High Degree of confidentiality and sensitivity when dealing with students.
- Ability to work well as part of a team or independently.
- Professional and polite.
- Keen to learn new skills.
Minimum of GCSE 4-9 / A-C in English and Maths
On the job training with the employer whilst working towards the Apprenticeship Standard – Customer Services Practitioner Level 2 Standard will establish an Apprentice’s skills to deliver high quality service to customers both internally and externally. The Apprenticeship will incorporate knowledge of customers and the customer experience, understanding the organisation, its products/services and their role and responsibilities.
Regular work based assessments/observations carried out by Kent Training & Apprenticeships Tutor Assessor, to determine competency and meet with Awarding Body standards.
The employer has asked that you do not contact them direct. Doing so could jeopardise your application. You will be responsible for your travel expenses to and from your place of work. Therefore, you must have the means to get to your place of work on a daily basis whilst waiting for your first wages to be paid.
KT&A: Kent Training & Apprenticeships are part of Kent County Council and are a leading training organisation with nearly 30 years successful experience. KT&A specialise in high quality work-based training, delivered by qualified staff with personal experience of working in the skill area they teach.