Cabinet Maker/Bench Joiner
We specialise in high end bespoke joinery & furniture. We make fine furniture like reception desk, fitted dressing room, media units, kitchens etc. This is all made in house to a very high standard.
Due to high demand, they are now expanding their team and there for seeking for highly experienced cabinet makers to join the team.
About the Role:
You’ll work mainly with wood but you’ll also use metals, plastics, leather and other materials. Your day-to-day tasks could include:
- Working from technical drawings.
- Cutting and shaping material with hand and machine tools.
- Working out the quantity and type of materials needed.
- Working with Solid Surfaces
- Assembling items.
- Adding parts like brackets, hinges, handles, and locks.
- Veneering curved and flat panels.
·Fitting furniture on site.
Candidates should be energetic, self-motivated and talented craftsman who take pride in their work. They must have the ability to work both independently and as a part of a team. Applicants should have at least 5 years’ experience in bespoke furniture manufacture and must have their own transportation. Reliability is essential.
Ideally the candidate will have completed a college course/diploma in furniture making or wood machining, but this isn’t essential if they have good experience.
- Knowledge of hand tools and automated machines.
- Ability to work accurately.
- Experience in handling a large variety of woods.
- Enthusiasm and desire to the business forward.
- Understanding of working drawings.
- Good communication skills and the ability to work as a team player.
·Ability to work to a flexible time schedule.