CUSTOMER SERVICE APPRENTICE (LEVEL 2/INTERMEDIATE)
Thompson and Leigh is a successful wholesaler and retailer of plumbing and heating supplies. We have been in business since 1947 and currently supply some of the world’s most recognisable brands to the trade and public though our outlets in Erith and Crayford.
Description of vacancy
As part of the Thompson and Leigh team, you’ll be responsible for delivering efficient administration support and excellent customer service to both internal colleagues and suppliers as well as our customers. You will be dealing with customers both face to face in our showrooms and on the phones or via email. You will be responsible for dealing with suppliers for ordering and providing aftercare.
We have busy offices and showrooms so you will be required to get involved in all aspects of customer service to support our customer base, our business team and our suppliers.
Duties will include:
- Providing excellent customer service via e-mail, telephone and internal/external messaging systems.
- Booking showroom visits.
- Meet and greet service to customers.
- Assisting customers browsing our showroom.
- Provide customers with advice, guidance and support.
- Providing customers with quotations.
- Taking orders in person or by phone.
- Managing orders and payments.
- Helping with customer issues, after care and service recovery.
- Resolving customer complaints.
- Data organising/reporting
- Keeping marketing materials up to date.
- Updating and managing pricing both online and in the show room.
- Providing CAD for customers (full training will be given).
- Ensuring store standards are retained and that the showroom is clean and tidy (You must be prepared to do hoovering and light cleaning duties).
- Working closely with other departments to ensure everything is managed accurately.
- Unloading deliveries for showroom displays.
- Helping with stock management and storage.
The company reserves the right to vary or amend the duties and responsibilities of the post-holder at any time according to the needs of the business.
£4.30 per hour to start with regular reviews dependent on progress.
To be agreed, but a minimum of 25 hours per week (Including Saturdays).
20% paid time during working hours is given to complete training, referred to as “Off the Job Training”
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Problem solving skills
- Microsoft Office skills
- Positive attitude with a strong work ethic
- Driven and determined individual
- Well organised
- Excellent attention to detail
GCSE Grade 4 a minimum in English or Maths
On the job training with the employer whilst working towards the Apprenticeship Standard – Customer Services Practitioner Level 2 Standard will establish an Apprentice’s skills to deliver high quality service to customers both internally and externally. The Apprenticeship will incorporate knowledge of customers and the customer experience, understanding the organisation, its products/services and their role and responsibilities.
Regular work-based assessments/observations carried out by Kent Training & Apprenticeships Tutor Assessor, to determine competency and meet with Awarding Body standards.
The employer has asked that you do not contact them direct. Doing so could jeopardise your application. You will be responsible for your travel expenses to and from your place of work. Therefore, you must have the means to get to your place of work on a daily basis whilst waiting for your first wages to be paid.
KT&A: Kent Training & Apprenticeships are part of Kent County Council and are a leading training organisation with nearly 30 years successful experience. KT&A specialise in high quality work-based training, delivered by qualified staff with personal experience of working in the skill area they teach.