Medical Receptionist/Care Navigator
VACANCY: Medical Receptionists/Care Navigators
On 11th March 2019, three well established practices merged to become Ashford Medical Partnership. Willesborough Health Centre, Singleton Health Centre and St Stephens Health Centre serve a practice population of over 33,000 patients.
The practices are all located in the heart of Ashford and are approximately 2.5miles apart. The sites are within easy reach of Junctions 9 and 10 of the M20 and we are a few minutes from Ashford International train station.
The current workforce is led by our 8 GP Partners and we have around 110 Clinical and Administrative staff.
We are a friendly, proactive and forward-thinking practice.
What can we offer?
- A supportive and proactive environment led by clinical mentors.
- Flexible and negotiable working pattern.
- Practice opening times between 8.00am – 6.30pm Monday – Friday.
- EMIS Web clinical software.
- Good Practice premises with ample parking (free).
We are a busy GMS practice that operates over three sites. We are currently looking for new team members to join our focused and friendly Reception Team as Care Navigators.
Applicants should be flexible and able to work in a fast-paced environment both face-to-face and over the telephone.
Essential skills include good communication, a willingness to learn and use own initiative. You will be part of a large team that works across three Practice sites so your own transport would be advantageous to this role.
We are really looking for candidates that are highly motivated and forward thinking. They will be passionate about healthcare provision/general practice and will be ready to support our Primary Care team in delivering high quality healthcare to the population of Ashford. Ours is a fast-paced environment, but one which is supported by a strong team-ethic and in which continuing professional development and opportunities for specialisation are encouraged.
We are looking for someone who will be able to hit the ground running and is interested in front line healthcare. Candidates should note that the NHS is ever busy and therefore the role may be challenging, but we have exciting plans ahead and you can rely on a supportive and friendly environment in which to develop your skills.
Main duties of the job
Main aspects of the role are to receive, assist and direct patients in accessing the appropriate service or healthcare professional in a courteous, efficient and effective way. Project a positive, friendly image to patients and visitors.
- Dealing with a wide range of people in different situations.
- Working as part of a team across our three Practice sites in Ashford.
- Sensitivity and empathy with people from different backgrounds.
- Good standard of literacy and numeracy.
- Ability to work without close supervision.
- Able to work as part of team.
- Able to prioritise workload.
- The ability to exercise judgement when dealing with patient enquiries /problems.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent Computer skills.
This advertisement may close early depending on the volume of applications received.
Please expect an enhanced DBS check and two references as part of the application process.
Enquiries to Lois Cavallaro – General Manager
Apply for Medical Receptionist/Care Navigator
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly