Assistant Facilities Manager - Full-time
We are looking for an Assistant Facilities Manager to join our school. The successful candidate will be an individual who thrives in an environment where ‘no one day is the same’ and enjoys a varied role. Someone who takes pride in providing a clean, secure, safe and healthy environment for pupils, staff and visitors. You will be responsible for managing the cleaning provision and contracts including security.
Five Acre Wood School is based over three sites in the Maidstone area. This role is primarily based at the Loose site, but duties will also be carried out across all sites. Candidates need to be adapt at dealing with facilities related paperwork including compliance checks, help desk system, diary management as well as being a practical individual, able to undertake routine repairs and maintenance.
Previous experience in a facilities/site role in a school environment would be a distinct advantage but not essential. A positive attitude and calm manner with the ability to prioritise and deal with a demanding workload is vital. You will be an excellent communicator, have a professional approach and a good sense of humour.
Candidates will have good MS office skills e.g. word, and excel and be competent users of email.
Key duties will include:
- To ensure the school buildings and site are secure.
- Carry out locking and unlocking duties of the site as required. Flexibility for out of hours opening and closing is required along with some weekend work. Arrangements to be made by prior agreement with reasonable notice.
- To look after the day to day running of the school hydro pool including maintenance duties, chemical checking and general pool upkeep duties.
- To be responsible for carrying out daily / weekly / monthly checks relating to statutory maintenance and health and safety, ensuring accurate logging records are complete and filed.
- To take a proactive approach when carrying out tasks and reviewing the school site.
- To take preventative measures and steps to eliminate health and safety risks where possible, and report any hazards immediately to the Facilities Manager.
- To act as the first point of contact for all school deliveries, ensuring that items are moved promptly to the appropriate area / person.
- To undertake portage duties to include moving school furniture and equipment.
- To escort and advise maintenance contractors attending the school site, ensuring compliance with safeguarding procedures.
Please see attached job description for a full list of duties.
Information about the school
Five Acre Wood is a successful outward looking and expanding District Special School based over sites in and around Maidstone, Kent.
We currently have over 700 pupils on roll aged 2-19 years with profound, severe and complex needs, we are one of the largest special needs schools in the country. We have 420 employees. Our "Outstanding" school will continue to expand and we are looking for people with a positive approach to join us who share our vision of "Only the best will do" for all our students.
Our achievements include Investors in People (Gold) and the WAS Wellbeing Award, which recognises how look after employees and pupils. We are a very supportive school, we offer opportunities for further professional development and career development.
For further information regarding the school, please go to our website www.fiveacrewood.co.uk
We hold an annual music festival for our pupils and employees, it gives them the opportunity experience something they may not ordinarily be able to access. You can see it here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xOR-PlaONI (If the link doesn’t connect - You Tube “Five Acre Woodstock 2019 – Amazing Festival in a Day”)
Nathan Grisdale was on the X factor and reached the “Six chair challenge”. He heard about our school. He wrote a song for us and filmed it with our pupils. You can see it here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJF9MlJHt-I
(If the link doesn’t connect – You Tube Nathan Grisdale - Don't Give Up (Official music video)
Our school is committed to safeguarding pupils and staff. Our staff recruitment policies and practices comply with safe recruitment and selection requirements. We always ensure clearance of enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) prior to employment.
We look forward to hearing from you.