Warehouse Assistant (AM)
Join John Lewis or Waitrose today
If you've ever stepped through the doors of a John Lewis or Waitrose shop, shopped online, or seen any of our adverts, you'll know there's something unique about us.
That unique proposition is our Partners. As co-owners they have a say in our business and receive a share of the profits, so they put time and effort into making it work. Our Partners are the reason we're the success we are. They're our secret sauce; the opportunity for us to differentiate.
Pay: £9.97 per hour inclusive of shift premium
About the role
As a Warehouse Assistant for Waitrose & Partners, you’ll play a key role in handling the
goods that pass through our warehouses in an efficient, accurate way to ensure stock is
in the right place at the right time for our customers.
Our Distribution Centres are made up of 3 separate warehouses, each holding our
Chilled, Fresh or Ambient products (Temperature ranging from -2 degrees to +15).
You’ll be trained in how to work across all three of these different environments so you
can ensure that our goods and products are safely stored and replenished using our
mechanical handling equipment.
What else will I be doing?
Other daily tasks will see you:
● Supporting loading and unloading of delivery lorries, assembling orders for our
Branches and preparing these for delivery.
● Adhering to all Health and Safety and Operational procedures
● Ensuring that goods are stored and replenished accurately and safely.
● Keeping the warehouses as a safe environment for all Partners to work in.
● Please note that this role involves heavy lifting.
Why join us?
Being a Partner in the business makes you more than an employee, you’re a co-owner,
giving you the opportunity to influence the way we work for the better. All of us have
shared values and common goals and we work as a team to achieve these. As a
Warehouse Partner, you’ll always have the support of your team, even when things don’t
go to plan.
Without our Warehouse Partners, we wouldn’t be able to achieve our renowned service
to our customers. Join us today and not only will you be joining a unique business, you’ll
also enjoy a vast range of benefits and a healthy work-life balance:
After completion of Earning Membership you’ll be entitled to;
● Discounts on products in Waitrose (20%) and John Lewis (up to 25%)
● On-Site gym - Fully inclusive use £10 P/Mth
● Partner shop with even further reductions on Waitrose products
● Full access to our subsidised dining room serving hot and cold meals through the
● 22 days paid holiday per year, increasing to 25 after 5-years service, 30 days
after 10 years service (not including Bank Holidays)
● Discounted holidays at our exclusive Partnerships hotels
● VIP suites with discounted tickets at the O2 arena
● Generous discounts at numerous restaurants and bars
● Exclusive days out for Partners and their families
Desirable experience skills and qualifications:
● Basic standards of written English and basic Maths
We actively promote flexible working, training our Partners to be multi skilled across
multiple warehouses. The Partnership supports agile and flexible working practices, such
as when, where and how we work. We have several different ways to work flexibly,
including part-time, flexible or compressed hours.
Please consider the following when making your application:
● We occasionally close vacancies early in the event we receive a high volume of
applications. Therefore, we recommend you apply early.
● Print off the job description now if you require it.
● Ensure you have an up-to-date CV.