MEDICAL RECEPTIONIST APPRENTICE (LEVEL 2/Intermediate)
6 days left
- Full Time
We are a friendly GP practice, wanting to offer a career opportunity to the right candidate; we are a busy practice of around 17,000 patients and would welcome a new medical reception team member. This role involves providing excellent customer service, team working and developing admin and communication skills.
Well connected bus service, based next to University of Kent.
Description of vacancy
This exciting opportunity involves:
- Providing great care and customer service to our patients
- Phone and face to face patient interaction
- You will need a mature attitude as you will have access to sensitive and confidential information
- You will be booking appointments
- Managing patient requests
- Carrying out admin duties
- Processing prescription requests
- Filing/ scanning
- Updating records and notes
- Supporting the practice teams in delivering excellent care
You will be part of the medical reception team and will be trained to:
- Talking to patients, signposting and booking appointments
- Accessing and updating medical records
- Managing prescription requests
- Processing E consultations
- Filing and carrying out administrative tasks
- Potential for permanent employment for the right candidate.
- Opportunity to progress to higher level apprenticeships.
- Being an apprentice will help you develop professional skills whilst earning a salary with some of Kent’s best companies.
- Gain professional skills and experience to enhance your CV and make it more attractive to potential employers.
- General practice has many avenues to explore; a good grounding in a medical/GP reception team can take you into the administrative world of healthcare or into the clinical world. Progression can be into NHS management, coding, medical secretary roles, summarising, contract management, healthcare or clinical, or a fulfilling career medical receptionist. The opportunities for someone who wishes to develop and learn are endless.
£172.50 per week
37.5 hours a week Monday to Friday. 7.5 hours a day including an unpaid lunchbreak of 30 mins and a 20 minute paid break.
7.5 hours a week will be dedicated to complete your training.
Good communication skills, Computer literate Attention to detail, it is important to be accurate.
Able to work as part of a team.
Able to work on own initiative.
Reliable, Caring, Punctual, Well-spoken and presentable, a good level of maturity, you’ll be exposed to sensitive and confidential information.
GCSE Grade 4 to 9 (or Grade C or higher) in English and Maths or equivalent qualifications in these subjects.
On the job training with the employer whilst working towards the Apprenticeship Standard – Customer Services Practitioner Level 2 Standard will establish an Apprentice’s skills to deliver high quality service to customers both internally and externally. The Apprenticeship will incorporate knowledge of customers and the customer experience, understanding the organisation, its products/services and their role and responsibilities.
Regular work based assessments/observations carried out by Kent Training & Apprenticeships Tutor Assessor, to determine competency and meet with Awarding Body standards.
The employer has asked that you do not contact them direct. Doing so could jeopardise your application. You will be responsible for your travel expenses to and from your place of work. Therefore, you must have the means to get to your place of work on a daily basis whilst waiting for your first wages to be paid.
KT&A: Kent Training & Apprenticeships are part of Kent County Council and are a leading training organisation with nearly 30 years successful experience. KT&A specialise in high quality work-based training, delivered by qualified staff with personal experience of working in the skill area they teach.