RECEPTIONIST/ADMINISTRATIVE APPRENTICE (LEVEL 2/INTERMEDIATE)
Oaklands Health Centre is a GP Practice in the seaside town of Hythe. We are a team of 2 GP Partners, 3 Salaried GPs, 5 Advanced Nurse Practitioners, 2 Practice Nurses and 3 Health Care Assistants and 1 Phlebotomist. We are the Lead Practice for the Primary Care Network, Folkestone and Hythe Rural.
We aim to:
- Provide high quality accessible primary medical care
- Follow up to date guidelines for best clinical practice
- Ensure and support continued professional development of the Primary Health Care Team
- Provide an open, safe and pleasant environment for staff and patients alike
- Treat all patients in a polite, fair and equitable manner
Travel Information: Oaklands Health Centre is on a main bus route, free parking is available in and around the town, no parking permits needed.
Description of Vacancy
As part of the Oaklands Health Centre Team you will be responsible for undertaking a wide range of administrative and reception duties. Duties can include but are not limited to, the processing of information (electronic and hard copy) in a timely manner, liaising with multidisciplinary team members and external agencies such as secondary care and community service providers and in accordance with current policies.
- Processing incoming and outgoing mail
- Scanning of patient related documentation and attaching scanned documents to patient’s healthcare records
- File and store records as required
- Photocopying documentation as required
- Data entry of new and temporary registrations and relevant patient information
- Input data into patient’s healthcare records as necessary
- Action GP2GP tasks
- Scanning requests for information ie SAR, insurance, solicitors letters and DVLA forms from Secretaries
- Process incoming e-test results, ensuring they are referred to the relevant clinician
- Read code data on EMIS web
- Answer incoming calls, transferring calls or dealing with callers request appropriately
- Book appointments via telephone or at reception
£192.50 per week
Monday to Friday
9.00 am to 5.00pm
35 hours per week
15 minute tea break AM
15 minute tea break PM
1 hour unpaid lunch break
20% paid time during working hours is given to complete training, referred to as “Off the Job Training”
- Excellent communication skills
- IT skills
- Clear, polite telephone manner
- Effective time management
- Ability to work as a team member and autonomously
- Good interpersonal skills
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to follow policy and procedure
- Positive attitude with a strong work ethic
- Well organised
- Attention to detail
Educated to GCSE level or equivalent
GCSE Mathematics & English
On the job training with the employer whilst working towards the Apprenticeship Standard - Customer Services Practitioner Level 2 Standard will establish an Apprentice’s skills to deliver high quality service to customers both internally and externally. The Apprenticeship will incorporate knowledge of customers and the customer experience, understanding the organisation, its products/services and their role and responsibilities.
Regular work based assessments/observations carried out by Kent Training & Apprenticeships Tutor Assessor, to determine competency and meet with Awarding Body standards.
The employer has asked that you do not contact them direct. Doing so could jeopardise your application. You will be responsible for your travel expenses to and from your place of work. Therefore, you must have the means to get to your place of work on a daily basis whilst waiting for your first wages to be paid.
KT&A: Kent Training & Apprenticeships are part of Kent County Council and are a leading training organisation with nearly 30 years successful experience. KT&A specialise in high quality work-based training, delivered by qualified staff with personal experience of working in the skill area they teach.