Production and Technical Manager
Production and Technical Manager
The Jasmin Vardimon Company are seeking to employ a Production and Technical Manager to manage the smooth and efficient day to day running of the Jasmin Vardimon Company and Education Charity within the new building, scheduled to open in Spring 2022.
They will work closely with both the Artistic and Executive Director’s and other members of the Senior Management Team (SMT). Adaptable and calm, they will have a hands-on approach and be as confident managing all aspects of the touring operation of the company as they are at overseeing all the technical aspects of the production space, training studio and Pilates Studio and Meeting rooms.
The Production and Technical Manager will play an integral part in the setting up and implementation of systems to ensure the company is best equipped to operate efficiently within its new surroundings.
Relocation Fee: Up to £2,000 to support the move to Kent
Contract: Permanent Full Time
Office Based:Ashford Kent
Hours of Work: The hours worked will be 32 hours per week rising to 40 hours per week from April 2022, but the post holder will be expected to exercise flexibility based on the needs of the company.
Notice period: 3 months following successful probationary period of 6 months
Annual Leave: 22 days per year pro rata plus statutory bank holidays. The company usually closes over the Christmas period, which is offered in additional to holiday entitlement
Overtime: Overtime payments are not made. Time off in Lieu is provided (agreed in advance)
The Production and Technical Manager will work to ensure that cohesive, efficient, cost effective and robust technical systems, staffing, international and national touring logistics and operations are in place for the new Creative Complex and all Productions. Also ensuring that all systems and operations are compliant.
Jasmin Vardimon creates a new piece of work every 2 years and it is expected that that the Production and Technical Manager will undertake all aspects of the production management of the work.
● Create an environment that supports the development of great work, by building appropriate systems and protocols
● Working closely with the Artistic Director to ensure the creation spaces are set up and ready for the creation of work and personally undertake the production management of her new work.
● Working closely with the Creative Learning team to ensure the training spaces are fit for purpose for the training programmes.
● Working closely with the General Manager to ensure the smooth operation of the building and to ensure its compliance, including the creation and management of a building maintenance plan and equipment maintenance plan
● Be accountable for all Health & Safety compliance both within the building and across all tours, including risk assessment, PAT and scheduling all regular inspections and statutory testing.
● Be responsible for all on- and off-site storage
● To ensure all spaces are prepared and ready for all external hires
● Working closely with the General Manager and Associate Producer be responsible for all technical budgets
● Maximise revenue from the effective use of staff and services by way of recharges and service charges, always ensuring the best possible practice, including the accountability and regular review and monitoring of income and expenditure and liaison with third party users
● To book and oversee all logistical elements of the company tours both nationally and internationally.
● To work with the General Manager in overseeing all external contractors and maintenance companies and have a work plan that ensures the building is always fully functional.
● Recruitment of all technical staff for touring and any other production events
● To liaise with theatres, festivals, and venues in advance to ensure the smooth running of the Get In and Performances at each venue.
● Where necessary oversee external production in person. This may include international travel.
● Contribute towards the company’s Diversity and Inclusion policy and plans to ensure the company has relevant and demonstrable impacts throughout the community, particularly with those from under represented groups
● To act as a key holder
● To act as one of the company emergency controllers
● To ensure the building always remains tidy and clean
● Act as an Advocate for the company at all times
Skills and Experience
● A minimum of 5 year’s relevant performing arts and venue experience at a management level
● Overseeing the production and touring of shows nationally and internationally including all aspects of logistics and compliance.
● Overseeing maintenance and testing programmes
● Working with Designers and Choreographers and understanding the artistic process
● Extensive knowledge of all technical procedures and systems including theatrical lighting, sound, AV and Rigging
● Excellent understanding of relevant H&S legislation, technical standards and CDM regulations across buildings and productions
● Experience carrying out and implementing risk assessments and a good knowledge of the practical application of H&S to a technical department
● Ability to anticipate and resolve problems
● Proven experience of managing a team and people management skills.
● Ability to develop manage and apply new systems and procedures
● Good knowledge of IT systems along with CAD and software to be used building wide
● Knowledge of the Creative Sector and in particular Contemporary Dance
● A can do attitude
● First Aid at Work qualification
● IOSH Managing Safely or NEBOSH qualification
● Experience of managing Continuous Professional Development across a team
For a full job description and information on how to apply for the post please visit https://jasminvardimon.com/about-us/opportunities/
Deadline Friday January 28th 5pm to email@example.com
Apply for Production and Technical Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly