Accountant (Qualified or PQ)
- Job Reference: NR/Y/QA9
- Date Posted: 20 July 2022
- Recruiter: KHR - Recruitment Specialists
- Location: Ashford, Kent
- Salary: On Application
- Bonus/Benefits: Competitive + Bens
- Sector: Accounting & Finance
- Job Type: Permanent
- Duration: On-going
- Work Hours: Full Time
Accountant to specialise in R&D Tax
Mix of Office (Ashford) and Home Based
I am working with a leading business based in Ashford that are seeking an Accountant to join their business and focus on R&D tax relief projects. This leading organisation are Tolley prize winners who have been expanding rapidly over their 6-year lifespan.
If you are a qualified (could consider part-qualified) Accountant with a practice background who would like to have one of the big practices on your CV without having to travel to London, then this could be the ideal business for you. The company will also offer ongoing study support for additional professional qualifications.
* Reviewing and checking incoming records and ensure additional or supplementary information is requested in a timely manner
* Using client data to determine eligible costs for the claim
* Providing critical analysis of data trends
* Interpreting the client's operations/functions / systems to make appropriate
estimates and arriving at a suitable claim methodology
* Reviewing the information provided to identify any other tax-saving opportunities
* Scrutinising the quality of the information provided and raising appropriate queries.
* Attending technical interviews where appropriate to understand the background
for the claim and any relevant facts that might inform the claim approach /
* Dealing directly with clients or their representatives on costing matters, being able
to provide an explanation of the calculation of expenditure and the reasoning with
reference to the legislation and guidance
* Assisting clients or their representatives in the claim submission process, including
how to include the claim in their Corporation Tax returns
* Review of Corporation Tax returns prior to submission to ensure the benefit to
each client is maximised for their individual circumstances.
* Overseeing the work of junior colleagues
* Qualified Accountant (will consider PQ)
* Good knowledge of corporation tax
* Prior experience in a practice environment
At KHR we take care to ensure that you are represented as well as possible so it is worth checking your CV for layout, spelling and grammar as well as making sure it is up to date before you submit. If you feel you need to highlight particular qualifications, skills or relevant experience with regards to a specific role then please add a cover letter or a preface page. This does not need to be formatted in the same manner. In addition, if your CV is heavy with graphics etc, please could you also submit a "clean" copy in Word. Thank you.
KH Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. KHR - Recruitment Specialists is a trading name of KH Recruitment Ltd Keep in touch with us online for job alerts, industry updates and market...