At Agilisys we strive to improve the customer’s experience at each of our various contact points. We are an employee-owned organisation that delivers success through innovation, working with public sector partners to help them transform services that make a real difference to millions of people across the UK. We are one of the UK's most innovative IT services providers, delivering transformation through a suite of world-class citizen-centric technology products as well as centres of operational excellence around the UK.
Travel Information: Based in Maidstone, the office is accessible via train car and bus. Maidstone East is just opposite the office along with a pay and display car park. There is no available on site parking which is free.
Description of vacancy
To provide a comprehensive and efficient administrative and clerical function to support and enhance the services the Contact Centre provides. Full training including NVQ level 3 in business administration will be provided.
Assist in the provision of a professional, comprehensive, and efficient administrative and clerical support function to the Contact Centre.
Assist in the assessment, issuing, data entry and cancellation of a number of processes undertaken within the centre.
Management of incoming post including the opening, sorting, and prioritising of Contact Centre white mail.
Logging incoming post and emails onto the Contact Centre database.
Filing service specific paperwork as appropriate, ensuring that the storage and retrieval is undertaken in a logical and consistent manner.
Production and despatch of standard response letters for various Contact Centre Services. Sending of brochures and related paperwork Collating booking confirmations and posting to customers.
Take calls relating to services as required.
This job description is provided to assist the post holder to know main areas of responsibilities. These may be amended from time to time, without change to the level of responsibility appropriate to the grade of the post
£6.00 per hour
Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm
37 hour week
Two paid 15-minute breaks
Unpaid 36-minute lunch
20% paid time during working hours is given to complete training, referred to as “Off the Job Training”
- Ability to handle a wide range of enquiries in a contact centre environment.
- Computer literate and ability to operate telephone equipment effectively.
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal with a polite, efficient and courteous manner. Able to deal sympathetically with distressed, agitated, confused, irate customers or those with special needs.
- Ability to learn and deliver new services
- Some knowledge of how local authorities or other large organisations operate.
- Good inter-personal skills
- Good organisational skills
- Aptitude and commitment to learning and development
- Able to methodically follow defined processes
- Confident telephone manner
- Willingness to learn
- We are looking for an applicant who can live our company values of Innovation, Integrity and Passion
- Personal self-confidence to provide a customer focused front-line enquiry service via the telephone
- Possess a friendly and helpful disposition.
- Able to remain calm under pressure.
A Must: GCSE Maths & English - Grade C/4 or higher
On the job training with the employer whilst working towards the Apprenticeship Standard - Business administrators have a highly transferable set of knowledge, skills and behaviours that can be applied in all sectors. This includes small and large businesses alike; from the public sector, private sector and charitable sector. The role may involve working independently or as part of a team and will involve developing, implementing, maintaining and improving administrative services. Business administrators develop key skills and behaviours to support their own progression towards management responsibilities.