Local Council with many departments and Bereavement Service is one of the front-line services and works out of the Kent and Sussex Crematorium.
There is a bus stop outside Cemetery entrance. Bus number 285 from Speldhurst to Hawkenbury via Tunbridge Wells Railway Station.
Description of Vacancy
We are a busy office delivering excellent customer service to our users and stakeholders.
The post holder will work as part of a team and will support the administration across the Crematorium and Cemetery.
The duties will include dealing with bereaved customers both face to face and over the telephone. Responding to enquiries by email and letter. Data inputting, processing of applications for our services and memorials, taking electronic payments and other administrative duties.
We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic Bereavement Service Apprentice to support our busy office. The role will be varied, and you will work as part of the team to ensure the smooth running of the office, which will result in providing excellent customer service to our applicants and stakeholders.
- You will provide support to customer enquires face to face, by telephone, email or letter.
- Data input of records into Crematorium and Cemetery database.
- Process Applications for Cremations, Burial and Memorials
- Liaise with stakeholders and advise process
- Prepare documents
- Learn about the Local authority and its dedication to public needs.
- Work with maps of cemetery and plot/mark graves
- Checking new memorials in cemetery
- Schedule appointments and services in electronic diary
- Participate in staff meetings and take minutes
- Educating customers on our services and products
- Take electronic payments
- Complete outside training to support the department
- Collating outgoing post
- Receipting of cremated remains in take and removal
- Ancestry searches
- Ordering stationary and supplies
- Full Office Support
- Learn to multitask and being ready to perform other tasks when required
- Create Procedure notes and keep updated
£10.42 per hour
£385.54 per week
Monday to Thursday 8.30am – 4.30pm
Friday 8.30am - 4pm
37 hour week
Unpaid 30-minute lunch
20% paid time during working hours is given to complete training, referred to as "Off the Job Training"
Proficient IT Skills, Excel and Microsoft Word
Good time keeping and reliable
Good communication skills
Attention to detail
Can work off own initiative
Can do attitude, willingness to learn
Ability to multi-task
GCSE Grade 9 - 4 (or A - C) in English and Maths as a minimum. Or equivalent qualifications in these subjects.
On the job training with the employer whilst working towards the Apprenticeship Standard - Business administrators have a highly transferable set of knowledge, skills and behaviours that can be applied in all sectors. This includes small and large businesses alike; from the public sector, private sector and charitable sector. The role may involve working independently and as part of a team and will involve developing, implementing, maintaining and improving administrative services. Business administrators develop key skills and behaviours to support their own progression towards management responsibilities.