OSC Sales’ products make light work of the tedious and time-consuming parts of construction, building and electrical maintenance. We make and supply some of the best self-drilling, anti-corrosive and strong fasteners on the market to tradesmen throughout the UK via our network of distributors, builders merchants and electrical wholesalers.
This apprenticeship is based on the popular Eurolink Industrial estate in Sittingbourne. The office is a twenty minute walk from the railway station.
Description of Vacancy
OSC Sales is a successful family owned and run business who specialise in supplying fasteners nationally. Due to expansion, they are looking to employ an enthusiastic and determined apprentice who is keen to learn and grow within the company. As the Apprentice Customer Service Administrator you will have an excellent opportunity to develop your skills and experience in the key areas of customer service and administration. If you think this sounds like what you are after then we would love to hear from you!
This is a varied role which will give you many opportunities to develop your skills.
Tasks will include – but are not limited to – the following:
· Develop knowledge of the different functions within a busy sales/customer Service Department.
· Provide clerical support to all functions, including relief work for staff shortages and holiday cover.
· General office administration, including processing orders, typing, scanning, filing, photocopying
and post duties.
· Taking incoming calls and assisting with enquiries from customers.
· Answering incoming emails and distributing emails to relevant staff members.
· Any other duties reasonably associated with this role.
£4.81 per hour with a potential for more subject to performance.
42.5 working hours per week (hours may be amended in accordance with law and age of the successful candidate).
Monday – Friday 7.30am – 4.30pm
Half an hour for lunch
20 Days Holiday per year, + Bank Holidays
20% paid time during working hours is given to complete training, referred to as “Off the Job Training”
. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel and Outlook)
· Positive attitude with a strong work ethic
· Driven and determined individual
· Well organised, with the ability to multitask
· Excellent attention to detail
GCSE Grade 4 a minimum in English or Maths
On the job training with the employer whilst working towards the Apprenticeship Standard - Customer Services Practitioner Level 2 Standard will establish an Apprentice’s skills to deliver high quality service to customers both internally and externally. The Apprenticeship will incorporate knowledge of customers and the customer experience, understanding the organisation, its products/services and their role and responsibilities. Regular work-based assessments/observations carried out by Kent Training & Apprenticeships Tutor Assessor, to determine competency and meet with Awarding Body standards.