Ability Plus supply, install and repair a large range of mobility products. Examples of these products are scooters, power chairs, beds, stairlifts, and many other prescriptive items. They have multiple stores across Kent, including Medway, Dartford, Herne Bay and Sittingbourne. The company offers good career progression for all employees.
The role will be based in our Sittingbourne store. Ability to be flexible to provide cover if needed between at least 1 other store would be a significant advantage.
Description of Vacancy
As a Customer Service Adviser at Ability Plus you will play a pivotal role in helping individuals with mobility needs by providing exceptional service and support. You will assist in maintaining an efficient showroom for customer viewings and demonstrations, guide customers in choosing the right mobility products, and offer after sales support. This role provides an excellent opportunity for personal and professional growth, with comprehensive training and a chance to be part of a dynamic and caring team.
- Collaborate with the team to ensure the showroom is well-organised, clean, and inviting for customer viewings and demonstrations.
- Assist in product placement and signage to enhance the customer experience.
- Work closely with customers to help them choose suitable mobility products.
- Receive comprehensive training to become knowledgeable about the range of products offered.
After Sales Support:
- Conduct courtesy calls to recent purchasers to ensure their satisfaction with products and services.
- Address any post purchase enquiries or concerns, demonstrating a caring and empathetic approach.
- Complete essential administrative tasks to support customer interactions.
- Set up customer insurance as required and schedule service appointments when necessary.
- Maintain accurate and organised records of customer interactions and transactions.
£5.28 per hour
£198 per week
Regular wage reviews will be offered.
Monday - Friday 9:00 - 17:30
7.5 paid hours per day.
1-hour unpaid lunch break.
Includes 20% paid time for training.
20% paid time during working hours is given to complete training, referred to as "Off the Job Training"
- Ambitious: Committed to personal and professional growth.
- Commitment: Dedicated to customer satisfaction and company values.
- Willingness to Learn: Open to new knowledge and adaptable to change.
- Team Player: Collaborative and communicative within the team to work in a fast-paced environment during peak times.
- Strong Communication: Clear, empathetic, and attentive to customer needs.
- Attention to Detail: Meticulous and quality-focused.
- Tech-savvy: Proficient with technology and quick to learn.
- Reliable: Consistently dependable and punctual.
- Positive Attitude: Maintains an optimistic and proactive mindset.
- Respectful: Demonstrates respect for colleagues and customers.
- Resilient: Handles challenges with a strong and adaptable spirit.
- Patient: Remains calm and patient, especially in challenging situations.
- Honest: Acts with integrity and transparency in all interactions.
- Self-motivated: Takes initiative and is self-driven to excel.
- Empathetic: Understands and shows compassion toward customer needs.
GCSE Level 9-4 (or Grade A-C) in English and maths, or equivalent qualifications in these subjects
On the job training with the employer whilst working towards the Apprenticeship Standard - Customer Service Specialist Level 3 Standard will establish an Apprentice’s skills to be a ‘professional’ for direct customer support within all sectors and organisation types. You are an advocate of Customer Service who acts as a referral point for dealing with more complex or technical customer requests, complaints, and queries.
Regular work-based assessments/observations carried out by Kent Training & Apprenticeships Tutor Assessor, to determine competency and meet with Awarding Body standards.