Here at Q Catering Supplies we love food. For well over a decade we have been providing a quality, delivered foodservice wholesaler service to the caterers of Kent and East Sussex from our Sittingbourne base. Our range of products includes Frozen, Ambient and Chilled, as well as Janitorial and Disposables (not food but just as important).
Top of our list are Customer Service and Product Quality. Listening to customer need has been a driving force for us. Since opening our doors in March 2003 we’ve expanded not only our product range and distribution area but our waistlines too, which is only to be expected when delivering a quality foodservice wholesaler service we have to taste test all the products to make sure you only get the good stuff! And that’s without mentioning our improved warehousing, storage and our fleet of multi temperature delivery vans.
The office is based on the popular Eurolink Business Park, a 10 minute walk from the closest bus station serving the town centre (15 minute ride)
Description of vacancy
This is an exciting opportunity to join a well established and friendly team who feel very passionately about what they do.
As the Apprentice Customer Service & Sales Assistant your role will focus on a number of customer focused tasks, and you will be their main point of contact with us.
Your work will include taking new orders, answering any queries, and generating new sales.
As part of your training and development you will have a chance to learn about the wider scope of the organisation, and get valuable experience in a range of areas.
If you are motivated, enthusiastic, and keen to learn about the day-to-day running of a business from all angles, then we would love to hear from you!
This is a very varied administrative role with a focus on customer service and sales. Tasks will include – but are not limited to – the following:
- Answering incoming phone calls
- Working with predetermined call lists
- Up selling to existing customers
- Entering orders onto our ERP software system
- Liaise daily with your nominated Territory Manager (Field based)
- Undertake daily administration tasks, including scanning documents.
- Identify and meet customer requirements
- Build relationships with key customers and resolve any queries.
- Within this role you will be the most frequent contact for our customers (the ‘go to’ person).
- As part of your development you will have the opportunity to shadow the different teams across the organisation, giving you a widespread knowledge of the way in which the organisation is run.
£192.40 per week
40 paid hours per week:
Monday – Friday 09:00 – 17:00
Includes one hour paid lunchbreak each day.
20% paid time during working hours to complete learning
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Good Time Management
- Communication Skills
- Attention to Detail
- Problem Solving
- Computer Skills
- Good, confident telephone manner
- Ability to Multi-task
- Team Player
GCSE Grade 9 - 4 (or A - C) in English and Maths. Or equivalent qualifications in these subjects.
On the job training with the employer whilst working towards the Apprenticeship Standard - Customer Services Practitioner Level 2 Standard will establish an Apprentice’s skills to deliver high quality service to customers both internally and externally. The Apprenticeship will incorporate knowledge of customers and the customer experience, understanding the organisation, its products/services and their role and responsibilities.
Regular work-based assessments/observations carried out by Kent Training & Apprenticeships Tutor Assessor, to determine competency and meet with Awarding Body standards.