Q Catering is an independent foodservice wholesaler serving the catering trade within Kent, Surrey and East Sussex. It has plans to expand the business rapidly over the next 5 years.
Travel information: Public transport to site is poor so own transport is highly recommended.
Visit the employer's website.
Description of Vacancy
- As part of the purchasing team, be responsible for the checking of ‘goods in’ ensuring that quantities match delivery notes and goods are in acceptable condition
- To receipt goods into our software programme prior to passing to our bought ledger team for payment
- Chasing suppliers by email and telephone to confirm bookings and pricing
- Answering and handling incoming calls or redirecting as required
- Checking for short dated stock
- Misc. counts of chilled stock
£237.60 per week
Monday to Friday, 8am - 5pm with 1 hour paid lunch break
45 hours per week
20% paid time during working hours is given to complete training, referred to as "Off the Job Training"
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Excel
- Good and confident communication skills
- Enjoys working as part of a team
- Ability to multi task
- Team Player
- Good work ethic and time keeping
GCSE Level 9-4 (or Grade A-C) in English and Maths, or equivalent qualifications in these subjects.
On the job training with the employer whilst working towards the Apprenticeship Standard - Business administrators have a highly transferable set of knowledge, skills and behaviors that can be applied in all sectors. This includes small and large businesses alike, from the public sector, private sector and charitable sector. The role may involve working independently or as part of a team and will involve developing, implementing, maintaining and improving administrative services. Business administrators develop key skills and behaviours to support their own progression towards management responsibilities.
As of 1st April 2023, the NMW for Apprentices is £5.28 per hour. This applies to 16-18 year old Apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other Apprentices the Apprentice National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.
The wage for Apprentices applies to both time spent on the job plus time spent in training.
The employer has asked that you do not contact them directly. Doing so could jeopardise your application. You will be responsible for your travel expenses to and from your place of work. Therefore, you must have the means to get to your place of work on a daily basis whilst waiting for your first wages to be paid.
KT&A: Kent Training & Apprenticeships are part of Kent County Council and are leading training organisation with over 30 years successful experience. KT&A specialise in high quality work-based training, delivered by qualified staff with personal experience of working in the skill area they teach.