Aldington Primary is a local rural school with 200 pupils aged between 4 and 11. The school strives to provide a secure and caring environment in which each individual child can fulfil his or her potential. It aims to prepare each child for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of adult life.
Access to private transport is highly recommended, as the school is located in a rural area with limited public transport options.
Description of Vacancy
This apprenticeship opportunity is for someone looking to develop their administration skills, by supporting a vibrant, busy, friendly school office.
The role will involve carrying out clerical duties such as answering phone calls, responding to emails, and preparing documents for a range of office correspondence. The right candidate will show confidence when interacting with staff, parents and pupils throughout the working day.
- Assist in a dynamic and welcoming school office environment.
- Perform clerical tasks, including answering phone calls, responding to emails, and preparing various documents.
- Engage with staff, parents, and students throughout the day.
- Contribute to the overall efficiency and friendliness of the school office.
- Collaborate with colleagues to ensure smooth communication and operations.
- Handle a range of administrative responsibilities to support the office’s daily functions.
£158.40 per week (term time only)
Mon – Fri 8:30 - 3:30
30 paid hours per week (term time only)
1 hour total break times unpaid
Includes 20% paid time for training.
20% paid time during working hours is given to complete training, referred to as "Off the Job Training"
- Good typing skills.
- Ability to be flexible.
- Able to learn quickly.
- Confidence to work well with colleagues.
- Good timekeeper.
- Committed to learning.
- Friendly and confident nature.
- Welcoming personality.
- Determined to succeed.
GCSE Level 9-4 (or Grade A-C) in English and maths, or equivalent qualifications in these subjects
On the job training with the employer whilst working towards the Apprenticeship Standard - Customer Service Specialist Level 3 Standard will establish an Apprentice’s skills to be a ‘professional’ for direct customer support within all sectors and organisation types. You are an advocate of Customer Service who acts as a referral point for dealing with more complex or technical customer requests, complaints, and queries.
Regular work-based assessments/observations carried out by Kent Training & Apprenticeships Tutor Assessor, to determine competency and meet with Awarding Body standards.