We Are With You is a charity providing free, confidential support to people experiencing issues with drugs, alcohol or mental health.
We use our expertise to deliver support and raise awareness around drugs, alcohol and mental health.
We’re a caring, passionate and inclusive organisation where people can thrive, progress and connect with others.
Description of Vacancy
If you’re seeking your first bit of work experience in the not for profit sector, or looking to develop your administrative skills, this apprenticeship with We Are With You could be the perfect route for you.
As the Apprentice Office Assistant your role will be varied and busy, and provide you with a range of learning opportunities.
Primarily, you will work in close collaboration with local management, service and administrative staff to provide an efficient and high quality administrative service.
Alongside this there will be scope for you to provide information on our services to service users via a range of methods, including telephone, post and in person.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES/ DUTIES
- Deal with correspondence, receive and process referrals as required by the local management and administrative team.
- Attend all appropriate internal and external meetings.
- Monitor, co-ordinate and arrange appointments (if applicable) for the Service team as required and be the first point of contact in relation to appointment difficulties for service users.
- Collect, input and manage data related to the initial referral process and booking of appointments (if applicable).
- Support the team in fostering and maintaining effective, collaborative and positive working relationships with local agencies and to support the promotion of the service to local communities.
- Assist the Service in telephone work, dealing with general enquiries, logging messages, referring on to an appropriate practitioner/service.
- Photocopy, scan and file as required.
- Maintain and update information sources as applicable.
- Cover the work of administration staff in their absence.
- Confidentiality: Ensure confidentiality at all times, only releasing confidential or personalised information externally with prior consent from a line manager.
- Data Protection Act: To comply with the requirements of the Data Protection Act and its amendments to ensure integrity and security of information entrusted to We Are With You.
- Safeguarding: Ensure the organisational and individual statutory and organisational responsibilities are met in respect of safeguarding Children & vulnerable adults.
- Conflict of interest: All applicants/employees in any post within We Are With You are required to declare any involvement either directly or indirectly with any firm, company or organisation that has a contract with We Are With You. Failure to do so may result in an application being rejected or dismissal after appointment.
- Equal Opportunities and Diversity: To ensure that all service users, their partners and carers, colleagues both in We Are With You and other partner organisations are treated as individuals within We Are With You’s Diversity and Equality framework.
- Health and Safety: Compliance at all times with the requirements of the Health and Safety regulations.
- Quality Assurance: To ensure all activities are delivered in a way that supports and maintains We Are With You’s registration with the Care Quality Commission and appropriate agencies in the devolved administrations.
£4.81 per hour
37.5 working hours per week.
Monday – Friday: 09:00 – 17:00
Includes an half hour (unpaid) lunch break each day
20% paid time during working hours is given to complete training, referred to as “Off the Job Training”
- Good communication skills – both written and verbal
- Good ICT skills
- Ability to work well on own initiative
- Ability to prioritise workloads
- Effective interpersonal skills and ability to relate to a wide range of people
- Be able to respond well to change
- Flexible and adaptable
Any offer of the apprenticeship will be subject to the receipt of two references.
GCSE Grade 9 – 4 (or A – C) in English and Maths. Or equivalent qualifications in these subjects.
On the job training with the employer whilst working towards the Apprenticeship Standard – Business administrators have a highly transferable set of knowledge, skills and behaviours that can be applied in all sectors. This includes small and large businesses alike; from the public sector, private sector and charitable sector. The role may involve working independently and as part of a team and will involve developing, implementing, maintaining and improving administrative services. Business administrators develop key skills and behaviours to support their own progression towards management responsibilities.
Regular work-based assessments/observations carried out by Kent Training & Apprenticeships Tutor Assessor, to determine competency and meet with Awarding Body standards.