We are looking for an administration apprentice to join our small, family run business. We are a fire protection company based in Rainham, Kent.
Travel Information: Parking available behind office
Description of Vacancy
The apprentice will liaise with and report to the Office Manager and the Director. Responsibilities to include, but are not limited to:
- Reception Duties – Answering the phone, directing calls and taking messages as appropriate. Welcoming visitors to the office and offering refreshments where appropriate. Keeping reception area tidy and ensuring kitchen area is stocked.
- Post – Opening all incoming post and distributing as appropriate. Dealing with outgoing post, labelling and taking to Post Office.
- Filing – responsible for filing all office documentation. Client filing, office admin filing and financial document filing.
- Scanning – scanning all incoming documents (e.g. dockets, plans) and converting to PDF. Following protocols to get documents to the Operations Administrator for allocating on our bespoke database.
- Data Entry – updating database with emails / documents where necessary. Full training will be given.
- Stationery Ordering – weekly check of stationery levels and list anywhere stocks are low. Provide list to Finance Director for ordering.
- Document Control – Responsible for shredding sensitive documents weekly.
- Printers – Check printer levels and replenish paper / ink as necessary.
£10,128.75 per annum – (£183.75 per week)
Monday – Thursday – 9.30am – 5.30pm
Friday – 8am – 4pm
1 hour lunch break
20% paid time during working hours is given to complete training, referred to as “Off the Job Training”
- Good IT Skills
- Good Time Management
- Communication Skills
- Attention to Detail
- Problem Solving
- Uses Initiative
- Client-focused service
- Excellent Time Keeping
- Good work ethic
- Ability to be confidential
GCSE A-C/4-9 in English & Maths or equivalent is essential
On the job training with the employer whilst working towards the Apprenticeship Standard – Business administrators have a highly transferable set of knowledge, skills and behaviours that can be applied in all sectors. This includes small and large businesses alike; from the public sector, private sector and charitable sector. The role may involve working independently or as part of a team and will involve developing, implementing, maintaining and improving administrative services. Business administrators develop key skills and behaviours to support their own progression towards management responsibilities.