Category Buyer (Manufacturing)
- Job Reference: AS/SN/CBPSN23
- Date Posted: 10 November 2023
- Recruiter: KHR - Recruitment Specialists
- Location: Snodland, Kent
- Salary: £25,000 to £35,000
- Bonus/Benefits: + Bonus + Company Benefits
- Sector: Manufacturing
- Job Type: Permanent
- Work Hours: Full Time
Role: Category Buyer
Location: Near Maidstone
Salary: £Competitive + Benefits
Do you have excellent negotiation skills with experience working in the Manufacturing, Construction or Engineering sector?
My client, an international leading manufacturing company based near Maidstone is currently recruiting for an experienced Category Buyer to join their rapidly expanding company.
Your role will include working proactively within the UK purchasing team to identify and deliver cost savings in accordance with the company purchasing strategies.
- Participate in the implementation of a category management approach, within the purchasing team
- Convert purchase requisitions into orders in line with the company purchasing policy, for all national sites
- Support E-Catalogue roll out
- Monitor open PO report and ensure supplier OTIF performance is measured and communicated
- Manage re-order points for spare parts, investigate and liaise with the Engineer department to ensure correct stock quantities are maintained of suitable spares
- Support Purchasing joint mailbox enquiries to address internal purchasing requests
- Be a confident and hands-on interface between the company departments and suppliers on purchasing processes and new projects/activities
- Provide creative solutions and work closely with purchasing department to identify opportunities for cost reduction such as consolidated buying
- Attend and actively participate in team meetings.
- Accept additional education / training as necessary, (as a result of new equipment and/or changes in technology) in order to continue carrying out the role.
- When requested, to be available for meetings/projects/working away from the site, for short periods of time, which may include occasional overnight trips
- Support the Senior Buyer with any site-specific requirements or group purchasing instructions as may be required from time to time
- Highly motivated and proactive individual with excellent purchasing experience
- Assertive and resilient
- Experience of using SAP with a sound knowledge of MRP
- Keen attention to detail and accuracy
- Flexible and not work time orientated
- Willing to learn and take on new challenges
- Confident negotiator
Experience and Qualifications:
- Membership of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply at level 4 or above
- Experience in a purchasing role preferably within a manufacturing or heavy engineering environment
- Moderate SAP experience within a purchasing role and with a troubleshooting mentality
Skill and Qualities:
- Strong negotiation skills
- Analytical skills
- Confident communicator
- Ethical behaviour
- Travel friendly
- IT Literacy (MS Office; in particular Excel)
At KHR we take care to ensure that you are represented as well as possible so it is worth checking your CV for layout, spelling and grammar as well as making sure it is up to date before you submit. If you feel you need to highlight particular qualifications, skills or relevant experience with regards to a specific role then please add a cover letter or a preface page. This does not need to be formatted in the same manner. In addition, if your CV is heavy with graphics etc, please could you also submit a "clean" copy in Word. Thank you.
KH Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. KHR - Recruitment Specialists is a trading name of KH Recruitment Ltd Keep in touch with us online for job alerts, industry updates and market...