Gusbourne is a category-leading English Sparkling Wine luxury brand owner, a producer of award-winning wines with an uncompromising commitment to quality. Amongst other awards in 2023 Gusbourne won “Best in Show” for our Blanc de Blancs 2018 at the Decanter World Wine Awards and was rated as the top English winery for quality in the Real Review.
We produce Vintage wines only, 100% made from grapes grown in our sustainably-certified 93ha of vineyards across our two estates in Kent and Sussex, and produced in our sustainably-certified winery.
Gusbourne strives to create the finest wines in the world. Attention to detail, a commitment to quality and a sense of pride in all that we undertake are what we hope to see and to encourage in every employee. This is also what we expect to reflect in the food we prepare and serve to our customers.
We are looking to recruit someone to work under the supervision of our Head Chef and Sous Chef in The Nest at Appledore, voted Best UK Cellar Door 2023 in Decanter magazine. The core responsibility will be to deliver an efficient day-to-day operation of our kitchen operation.
The ideal candidate should have excellent communication skills and the ability to work to an exceptional standard in a fast-paced environment.
- Setting up the kitchen and preparing high-end food to exacting standards
- Ensuring that all duties within the kitchen are completed according to the procedures set out by Health and Hygiene Laws
- Plating food creatively and maximising customer enjoyment
- Creatively contributing to the development and planning of menus
- Focus on future food trends and passionate about developing new styles of service and concepts
- Carrying out the smooth and efficient running of the section as appropriate
Experience & Qualifications
- This is an ideal role for an experienced Commis Chef looking for a new challenge
- Operational experience working in a commercial kitchen setting (desirable)
- Food hygiene training (desirable)
- Knowledge of HACCP and COSHH (desirable)
- Working within a similar role and fast-paced kitchen environment (desirable)
- Passion for cooking and working in a buzzing kitchen environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; including great listening skills
- Flair and innovation when it comes to menus and food presentation
- Proactive and able to think quickly in order to solve problems
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure and in a fast-paced, team environment
Values: At Gusbourne, we are here to create the finest wines in the world, therefore we display:
- Attention to detail
- Commitment to quality
- A sense of pride in all that we do
- On the job training under our talented Head Chef and Sous Chef
- Company events
- Company pension
- Employee discount
- Free parking
Reporting to: Head Chef and Sous Chef.
Job Type: Part-time, Permanent.
Hours: 21 per week, with the flexibility to take on more hours as necessary.
Salary: Competitive. Negotiable dependent on experience.
- Three days per week with the ability to flex up your hours during our busy periods. Your schedule will include working weekends and some bank holidays.
Place of Work:
- Gusbourne Estate, Kenardington Road, Appledore, Kent. TN26 2BE. Reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required).
Work Location: In person.