Westerham Day Nursery is a long-standing, all-day childcare facility that provides support to families and nurtures the development and early education of children aged 4 months to 4 years. Its facilities include three age-specific rooms, a spacious outdoor area, and a dedicated forest school zone.
Travel information: There are bus services that run from Oxted, Sevenoaks and Bromley to Westerham. The nursery is within walking distance from the bus stop.
Description of Vacancy
Westerham Day Nursery is seeking a Level 2 apprentice to join its team, specialising in the care of children under 2 years old. You’ll have the unique opportunity to learn from its experienced team, acquiring essential skills in nurturing and attending to the needs of its youngest children. As you progress in your role, you will work towards becoming a key worker for these children, with dedicated guidance and support on your journey towards earning qualifications and a wage.
- Assist in providing day-to-day care for children under 2 years old.
- Follow routines for meals, snacks, and personal hygiene.
- Learn about child development and nutrition.
- Support young children’s learning through engaging activities.
- Apply early education theories in practice.
- Assist key workers in their roles.
- Contribute to maintaining clean and safe rooms and outdoor spaces.
- Collaborate effectively as a team member.
- Participate in ongoing training and development.
- Earn a wage while working towards qualifications.
£240 per week
Monday to Friday 8am - 5pm or 9am - 6pm.
1 hour unpaid lunch.
20% paid time during working hours is given to complete training, referred to as "Off the Job Training"
Would consider someone for 4 days a week if this is more suitable.
- Basic understanding of childcare and development
- Patience and attentiveness when caring for infants and toddlers
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work well within a team
- Willingness to learn and adapt to new tasks
- Attention to detail in maintaining a safe environment for young children
- Compassionate and nurturing
- Reliable and punctual
- Energetic and enthusiastic
- Adaptable and open to guidance
- Responsible and safety conscious
- Strong work ethic
- Good sense of humour
GCSE Level 9-4 (or Grade A-C) in English and Maths, or equivalent qualifications in these subjects.
On the job training with the employer whilst working towards the Apprenticeship Standard - This occupation is found in a range of private and public settings including; full day care, children's centres, pre-schools, reception classes, playgroups, nursery schools, home based provision, hospitals, social care settings, out of school environments and local authority provision to deliver the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) requirements set by government for the learning, development and care of children from birth to 5 in both indoor and outdoor environments.
Regular work-based assessments/observations carried out by Kent Training & Apprenticeships Tutor Assessor, to determine competency and meet with Awarding Body standards.