MAIDSTONE BOROUGH COUNCIL
Grounds Maintenance Operative (Career Grade) (5 roles available)
Salary: Grade 3 to 4 (Depending on Knowledge, Skills and Experience) £21,029 to £21,502 per annum
Location: Maidstone, Kent
Contract: Full time
About the Role:
We maintain parks and open spaces across the Borough.
The roles are based outdoors, working in all-weather types, appropriate protective clothing will be supplied. This involves hedge trimming, grass cutting and seasonable planting in the the parks and highways.
The role offers great development opportunities.
There are currently five permanent full-time roles available.
Our operatives require a good level of physical fitness and a willingness to work in all weather conditions.
You will be required to have some experience of undertaking all grounds maintenance tasks including weeding, strimming, mowing, litter clearance, pruning, planting, disease control and weed spraying.
You will have experience of working in a small operational team, with general grounds maintenance skills, including weeding, strimming, mowing, litter clearance and pruning and the holder of a full UK driving licence.
Additionally, you will have excellent communication skills as you will be representing the Council and will need to be courteous and helpful at all times.
Following the submission of your application form, it will be reviewed by the recruiting manager. Those that are successful in securing an interview can expect job specific interview assessment, followed by an interview.
Maidstone Borough Council is a confident organisation with ambition and aspirations to deliver high quality services to our residents and local businesses. We strive to make the borough an attractive place for all and secure a successful economy.
We continue to build on our strengths - assets, knowledge and expertise and our track record for innovation and improvement to create a financially sustainable future so that we can continue with our undiminished plans.
We will only achieve the results we are aiming for through the talents and hard work of all our people. You are encouraged to become part of our vision and in return you can expect support, training, and fair reward from us. We will give you the opportunity to develop the skills to do your job well and create a positive working environment where your ideas about improving how we do things are valued and we manage the changes needed for new ways of working well.
A range of benefits including:
- Invitations to staff events to celebrate success and support wellbeing that include holistic therapies and outdoor activities
- Employee Assistance Programme which provides confidential & independent information and access to counsellors
- Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- Life Assurance – three times your annual salary (for members of the LGPS)
- Generous holiday entitlement with the option to buy additional leave
- Season Ticket Loan - to help with the cost of your rail/ bus journey, to & from work
- Lease car salary sacrifice scheme allowing you to lease a brand-new car.The monthly fee includes insurance, servicing and road tax.
- A wide range of flexible working opportunities
- Annual flu vaccine
- Cycle to work scheme
- Staff benefits discounts on leisure, eating out, holidays and shopping
- Excellent learning and career opportunities for committed individuals
- A professional fee payment, if required for the role
Maidstone Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all employee and volunteers to share this commitment.
For more information please click on the "apply now" button;