Health and Safety Manager
- Job Reference: HC/H&SManager/RD
- Date Posted: 30 January 2024
- Recruiter: KHR - Recruitment Specialists
- Location: Sittingbourne, Kent
- Salary: £40,000 to £42,500
- Bonus/Benefits: Benefits + Car Allowance
- Sector: Construction & Building Services, Trades & Services, Environmental
- Job Type: Permanent
- Work Hours: Full Time
Health & Safety Manager (SHEQ)
£40,000pa - £42,500pa + 25 days holiday, Pension contribution, Cycle to work scheme, Wellness programme, On-site parking, Career Investment
Monday to Friday 40hpw
KHR is working in association with a leading environmental resource management business based in Swale which is looking for a diverse and competent Health & Safety Manager on a full-time permanent basis.
The H&S Manager will work in collaboration with the H&S Director and Site Ops Managers to ensure that the various operations meet both the statutory requirements and external accreditations.
Key Responsibilities of the H&S Manager:
* Ensure that the Integrated Management System is reviewed, updated, and maintained regularly
* Ensure systems and processes are in place to capture Non-Conformance Reports for any SHEQ issues. To assist with investigations to identify the cause and ensure corrective actions are taken and to modify procedures if necessary to prevent reoccurrence
* Undertake and update risk assessments of all operations, offices, and sites to regulatory and internal standards
* Undertake reviews and audits of all sites to ensure suitability, maintain contractual obligations, and ensure the safety of our staff working on these sites
* Be responsible for ensuring effective close out of corrective actions raised during audits, incident investigations, and control measures identified to manage significant risks on site
* Raise awareness on Health and Safety matters through relevant communications for example toolbox talks and briefings, delivering training where necessary
* Keeping up to date with new legislation and best practice within the industry
* Previous experience engaging with Site teams and maintaining a SHEQ management system
* 3-4 years experience in health and safety within an Environmental Services or Construction Environment
* A primary level health and safety management qualification e.g., NEBOSH General Certificate
* Be GradIOSH or TechIOSH working towards Graduate Status
* Hold a full UK driving licence
* Have the ability to build relationships with Stakeholders
At KHR we take care to ensure that you are represented as well as possible so it is worth checking your CV for layout, spelling and grammar as well as making sure it is up to date before you submit. If you feel you need to highlight particular qualifications, skills or relevant experience with regards to a specific role then please add a cover letter or a preface page. This does not need to be formatted in the same manner. In addition, if your CV is heavy with graphics etc, please could you also submit a "clean" copy in Word. Thank you.
KH Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. KHR - Recruitment Specialists is a trading name of KH Recruitment Ltd Keep in touch with us online for job alerts, industry updates and market...