Lets get you on track to become a Lecturer in Rail Engineering
Here are three things you should know from the start...
1. If you're not a teacher but have rail industry experience, we can train you the teaching part on the job.
2. The role is a rewarding one, when you see the genuine difference you make in your students futures.
3. East Kent College is a community environment which focuses on your development and career prospects.
Sound good? Lets go through the details.
As a Rail Track Engineer who has industry experience of track maintenance and training or assessing others, you'll be teaching students from 16 and older at our Dover and Eastchurch sites, ensuring a high-quality learning experience. We recently gained our Ofsted Outstanding rating so you'll be in good hands.
We pride ourselves in the support we can give those who are new to teaching, with ongoing training and coaching through our Teacher Academy. So, if you don't have any teaching experience or teacher qualifications but have a passion for sharing your knowledge then a change of career could be on the cards.
What are just some of our benefits?
- Competitive holiday entitlement.
- Excellent entry level salary and ability to scale up.
- Progression – we’re keen on offering training, research opportunities and development.
- Access to our Taking Teaching Further application which allocates funding to teacher training.
- Generous teacher pension scheme [23% employer contribution]
- Free onsite parking.
- No more long cold and rainy days on site.