- Job Reference: AS/SNO8/LUBT
- Date Posted: 2 August 2022
- Recruiter: KHR - Recruitment Specialists
- Location: Snodland, Kent
- Salary: £22,000 to £26,000
- Bonus/Benefits: + OTE + Company Benefits
- Sector: Engineering
- Job Type: Permanent
- Work Hours: Full Time
Role: Lubrication Technician
Salary: £22,000pa - £26,000pa
My client, an international leading manufacturing company based in Snodland are looking for a Lubrication Technician to join their rapidly expanding team.
This role is responsible for all the lubrication of the site in terms of oil and grease requirements. Working with the minimum of supervision from a site lubrication schedule, ensuring the correct quantity and type of lubricant is applied at the right frequency for each component.
Your role will include:
- Being the owner of the lubrication schedule and be required to work to it as closely as is practical to do so, providing feedback for updates and support and recommend any modifications to it as necessary
- As well as the lubrications, it is important to ensure clean lubrication systems, including
pump sets, pipework, and tanks to control contamination and aid quick identification of leaks or problems
- Undertake risk assessments (RA) and Safe Systems of Work (SSoW) assessments for engineering work undertaken and where there is a perceived risk to engineering personnel
- The role requires the competence to lead a team of contractors on planned shut days to assist with the completion of the schedules
- To ensure that all automated systems for oil and grease remain topped up with the appropriate lubricant
- To use SAP and other provided reporting tools to report defects, lubrication schedule progress, stock inventory checks and oil consumption records
- To ensure in all areas, particularly GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) ones, that any surplus lubricant is cleared away; using spill mats where necessary to contain oil/grease leaks to ensure personnel safety
- To identify and minimise any oil losses, keeping accurate records of what oils are topped up and where
- Ensure appropriate labelling and documentation control of lubricants used on site. This
includes labelling of tanks, drums, transport containers and relevant COSHH data
The Ideal Candidate:
- Engineering experience is desirable but not essential
- An understanding of why preventative maintenance and condition-based monitoring is important
- Good communication skills
- Self motivated
- Team player but also confident to work individually when necessary
Interested? Apply now and one of our consultants will be in touch.
At KHR we take care to ensure that you are represented as well as possible so it is worth checking your CV for layout, spelling and grammar as well as making sure it is up to date before you submit. If you feel you need to highlight particular qualifications, skills or relevant experience with regards to a specific role then please add a cover letter or a preface page. This does not need to be formatted in the same manner. In addition, if your CV is heavy with graphics etc, please could you also submit a "clean" copy in Word. Thank you.
KH Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. KHR - Recruitment Specialists is a trading name of KH Recruitment Ltd Keep in touch with us online for job alerts, industry updates and market...