- Job Reference: AS/SNO/MS
- Date Posted: 2 August 2022
- Recruiter: KHR - Recruitment Specialists
- Location: Snodland, Kent
- Salary: £50,000 to £57,000
- Bonus/Benefits: + OTE + Company Benefits
- Sector: Engineering
- Job Type: Permanent
- Work Hours: Full Time
£50,000 - £57,000 per annum
My client, an international leading manufacturing company based in Snodland is currently recruiting for a Mechanical Supervisor to join their rapidly expanding company.
With a key focus on front line maintenance, as a Mechanical Supervisor you will be required to help coordinate the engineering department's daily and weekly prioritisation, scheduling, and preparations of workload. This requires a strong focus on reliability and preventative maintenance to ensure problems are resolved right the first time around.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for all day-to-day mechanical maintenance activities, whilst providing mechanical support to the ancillary plant and equipment.
This is an essential role within the business as the Mechanical Supervisor will also be required to respond to breakdowns that have an immediate effect on safety and performance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To take or initiate any corrective action necessary to ensure continuity of production - working closely with the Production Superintendents, Shift Production Managers and E&I and Mechanical colleagues
- Coordinate with the Facilities Supervisor for any necessary requirements of contractors support for items under service contracts such as Cranes / Compressors / Air Conditioning / Chillers / Compactors
- Co-ordinate the safe correction/ replacement of Mechanical equipment that has contributed to a failure of a piece of equipment and impacted on the performance of the machines
- Supervise and coordinate the overhaul and repair of mechanical components and assemblies when it is cost effective to do so
- Coordinate with the Engineering Planning team to schedule work and resources for work that needs progressing through the workshops
- Coordinate with purchasing the internal and external supplier scope of repair
- Work with the Planning Team to prepare a maintenance backlog for the 7 day plan of workshop equipment repairs, maintenance and routine checks
- Directly supervise the Mechanical Technicians including workload, task, reviews, appraisals and training
- Provide technical input of equipment and resources that are required for the planned shuts
- Ensure that all equipment spares are overhauled cost effectively and to the highest standards possible
- Co-ordinate, advise upon and undertake any necessary improvements, modifications and upgrades of the instrumentation and mechanical systems
- Ensure that all machines and associated equipment is maintained to the expected standard of engineering
- Use SAP PM to report notifications, record equipment histories and to search for and to locate spare parts
- Liaise with other departments to ensure prompt attention to emergency repairs and proper planning of routine maintenance
- Act as site contact for contract labour and to control and coordinate as necessary
- Ensuring contract personnel are inducted, work safe and to expected levels of performance
- Undertake any other duties deemed appropriate by your line manager
- Provide on call assistance on a rota basis
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Come from a similar industry background - mechanical/ engineering
- Hold a relevant qualification - mechanical/ engineering
- Have some supervisory/ managerial experience
- CHP Plant experience - preferred not essential
For more information please and to be considered please apply today.
At KHR we take care to ensure that you are represented as well as possible so it is worth checking your CV for layout, spelling and grammar as well as making sure it is up to date before you submit. If you feel you need to highlight particular qualifications, skills or relevant experience with regards to a specific role then please add a cover letter or a preface page. This does not need to be formatted in the same manner. In addition, if your CV is heavy with graphics etc, please could you also submit a "clean" copy in Word. Thank you.
KH Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. KHR - Recruitment Specialists is a trading name of KH Recruitment Ltd Keep in touch with us online for job alerts, industry updates and market...