- Job Reference: HC/NetworkAd/M
- Date Posted: 8 June 2022
- Recruiter: KHR - Recruitment Specialists
- Location: Maidstone, Kent
- Salary: On Application
- Bonus/Benefits: Bonus, holiday, parking, pension
- Sector: I.T. & Communications
- Job Type: Permanent
- Work Hours: Full Time
££££ + 25 days holiday (plus Bank Holidays) Private Medical Insurance, Pension Scheme, Annual bonus of 15% and more
Monday to Friday (40hpw)
KHR has partnered with a leading FMCG distributor based in Maidstone who have an exciting opportunity to join their small, yet vital IT team as the Network Administrator.
The job would suit an MCSE-level (or similar) candidate who is familiar working with primarily Microsoft products.
This is a great opportunity to join the IT team of a reputable business, putting your experience to use helping to
deliver secure and reliable systems and networks. Being a part of a small team means you will be
involved in almost every area of the network at some stage. You will be supported and trained through
the areas new to you, but you will be bringing experience and talent to the team which will help them to achieve
interesting things with you on board.
Roles and Responsibilities of the Network Administrator
- Administer all network systems (hardware and software) including deployment, configuration, procurement, monitoring, maintenance of systems including patch management, hardware, and software update services
- Ensure that all systems maintain the highest possible availability and operations
- Troubleshooting, fault finding and resolution of network infrastructure related issues
- Assisting for maintaining the security and integrity of the business network
- Make appropriate changes and additions to the IT Systems infrastructure
- Monitor and maintain the IT Systems at single site and within the cloud
- Manage and maintain back up and recoverability testing of the IT Systems
- Maintain infrastructure in line with IT Systems disaster recovery plan
- Liaise with equipment and software vendors to as part of on-going maintenance and upgrades, in addition to specifying contracts and SLA's
- Provide and maintain a secure IT operating environment for the business and produce root cause analysis
- Establish network specifications by establishing user access and security requirements, designing networks, including interface configuration and routing protocols
- Secure network by developing network access, monitoring, control, and evaluation; maintaining documentation
- Prepare users by designing and conducting training programs, providing references and support
- Provide user support and act as point of escalation for support team
- Upgrades network by conferring with vendors; developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements
- Maintain confidentiality for the information being processed, stored, or accessed by the network
- Planning and implementing future IT developments and undertaking project-work
- Provide weekend/evening support on an (approximately) eight-week rota basis
- Other ad hoc duties as required
The ideal candidate will have at least 3 years of experience working in a similar role, must be able to drive in order to access rural office location, be able to work with a small team of people as well as be self-motivated and capable of managing your own time. Experience/knowledge of the following technologies is essential.
* Microsoft Windows server (2012 R2 onwards)
* Active Directory (hybrid environment)
* Group policy
* DHCP and DNS
* Microsoft Windows 10
* Microsoft 365
* Atlassian products (JIRA, Confluence)
* Dell servers
* SANs (Dell Compellent, PowerStore)
* Routers & switching (Cisco & Dell)
* Wireless Access Points (Ruckus)
* Power Management (Eaton)
To be considered for the position of Network Administrator please apply today.
At KHR we take care to ensure that you are represented as well as possible so it is worth checking your CV for layout, spelling and grammar as well as making sure it is up to date before you submit. If you feel you need to highlight particular qualifications, skills or relevant experience with regards to a specific role then please add a cover letter or a preface page. This does not need to be formatted in the same manner. In addition, if your CV is heavy with graphics etc, please could you also submit a "clean" copy in Word. Thank you.
KH Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. KHR - Recruitment Specialists is a trading name of KH Recruitment Ltd Keep in touch with us online for job alerts, industry updates and market...