Production / Process Operative
- Job Reference: AS/SNO/PPO
- Date Posted: 2 August 2022
- Recruiter: KHR - Recruitment Specialists
- Location: Snodland, Kent
- Salary: On Application
- Bonus/Benefits: + OTE + Company Benefits
- Sector: Engineering
- Job Type: Permanent
- Work Hours: Full Time
Production / Process Operative
Competitive salary and benefits package
KHR are working with an leading international manufacturing company based in Snodland who are currently recruiting for an experienced Production Operative to join their rapidly expanding company.
The successful candidate will be working as part of a team of two team to safely process large machine reels into smaller finished reels of the right grade, quality and quantity at the lowest cost. This will require flexibility to move essential operational components around the site and to assist the team to process machine reels.
The Production/ Process Operative will have an active involvement in the monitoring of equipment and processes to identify and resolve any problems as soon as possible with the assistant of the specialist departments.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor and control the reeler machine and reel handling system to convert machine reels to finished webs of the correct quantity, quality at the lowest cost
- Unload and store incoming deliveries such as cores, machine clothing and chemical semi-bulks
- Monitor the health of plant, equipment and processes using all available systems to identify and resolve any faults as soon as possible
- Take or initiate any corrective action necessary within the process or plant, in conjunction with other process operators and maintenance support, to ensure continuity of production
- Assist and carry out where necessary, paper testing of machine reels in accordance with Quality Standards
- Maintain excellent communications with the Shift Manager, Operators and Engineers to ensure efficient planning and decision making is achieved
- Participate in and carry out risk assessments and ensure adherence to safe systems of work
- Lead, control or oversee teams during both planned and unplanned maintenance stops
- Participate when required in training programmes as part of the annual appraisal process
- Attend and actively participate in shift team meetings as part of the agreed shift rota
- Accept additional education and training as deemed necessary, as a result of new equipment and changes in technology, in order to continue satisfactorily carrying out the role
- Be available for meetings/projects/working away for short periods of time, which may include overnight trips
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Relevant industry background - engineering / mechanical / machinery
- Good communication skills - verbally and written
- Be highly organised with good attention to detail
At KHR we take care to ensure that you are represented as well as possible so it is worth checking your CV for layout, spelling and grammar as well as making sure it is up to date before you submit. If you feel you need to highlight particular qualifications, skills or relevant experience with regards to a specific role then please add a cover letter or a preface page. This does not need to be formatted in the same manner. In addition, if your CV is heavy with graphics etc, please could you also submit a "clean" copy in Word. Thank you.
KH Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. KHR - Recruitment Specialists is a trading name of KH Recruitment Ltd Keep in touch with us online for job alerts, industry updates and market...