Recreation Assistant / Lifeguard
Reporting to: Duty Manager (Operations)
Main Purpose: To work as part of the Tonbridge School Centre team in delivering exceptional customer service, including life guarding, facility operations and health and safety.
• To undertake lifeguard duties to ensure the safety of pool users at all times.
• To set up and break-down equipment in the Centre, to ensure the smooth operation of activities and that equipment is stored safely.
• To implement the Centre’s Normal Operating Procedures (NOP) and Emergency Action Plan (EAP) as required.
• To ensure the Centre’s Quality Management System (QMS) is adhered to at all times.
• To carry out regular Health & Safety inspections as required and notify senior staff of any irregularities.
• To attend staff training as part of the National Pool Lifeguard Qualification (NPLQ). To administer first aid and implement life guarding procedures in accordance with that training. To maintain any related training requirements.
• To carry out cleaning duties to the highest standards.
• To carry out regular pool water quality and environmental tests.
• To supervise casual staff as required.
• To assist with sports coaching both for the School and courses as required.
• To work shifts to cover the operating hours of the facility, including evenings and weekends.
• To work as a team and attend team meetings as required.
• To ensure the highest possible customer service standards are implemented for all users and visitors to the Centre.
• To undertake any other duties as requested by the Senior Recreation Assistants or Senior Managers.
The successful candidate must maintain the confidentiality of information regarding the School, its staff and its business. Information must not be communicated to other persons either in or outside the School except in the recognised course of their duties.
The post-holder’s responsibility for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young persons for who he or she is responsible, or with whom he or she comes into contact will be to adhere to and always ensure compliance with the School’s Safeguarding and Child Protections Policy. If in the course of carrying out the duties of the post the post-holder becomes aware of any actual or potential risks to the safety or welfare of children in the School he or she must report their concerns to the Designated Safeguarding Lead or to the Headmaster.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• A motivated individual able to work on own initiative
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Ability to provide exceptional customer service
• Willingness to undertake relevant training
• A reliable and enthusiastic individual with a flexible approach to work
• Good verbal and written communication skills
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• National Pool Lifeguard Qualification (applicants without this qualification will be considered, but the
appointment will be subject to successfully attaining the qualification)
• Experience of working as a Lifeguard/Recreation Assistant (Desirable)
HOURS OF WORK
• 40 hours per week based around a shift system.
REMUNERATION AND BENEFITS
• An annual salary of £19,760 with a review in Sept 22
• Four weeks holiday plus bank holidays
• Pension Scheme
• Lunch provided free of charge during term time
• Sports Centre membership (staff rates)
• Free Parking
• School Fees Remission (after three years’ service).
Tonbridge School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to any post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
All applications and questions should be sent to email@example.com
Full details and an application pack may be found on Tonbridge School’s website at: tonbridge-school.co.uk/jobs
Closing date for applications: Monday 8th August 2022 at 12 Noon
We reserve the right to interview suitably qualified candidates for this post before the closing date.