Join a successful team and get great support during your apprenticeship. Kentec Training are leaders in the delivery of health & safety, work at height, workplace safety, forklift and first aid safety training programmes. Are you someone who has excellent attention to detail and a desire to excel? Kentec have supported several successful apprentices and offer great career progression within the company. You can have an impact on children's futures helping them to develop and thrive intellectually, socially, culturally and spiritually.
Kentec Training is located in Tonbridge, Kent, approximately a 7-minute walk from the train station. We have parking available for staff. We are also close to bus routes.
Description of Vacancy
Kentec Training are looking for a full time Apprentice Administration Assistant to join our team. This individual will be responsible for the administration of our courses, including course material preparation, organising our scheduled training calendar, providing support to our instructors, registration of course delegate information to the appropriate awarding bodies, preparation of certification and customer service support. Full training and guidance will be provided, and the right candidate will be able to attend all our courses to gain further knowledge and understanding of the health and safety industry.
The role of Apprentice Administration Assistant will see the candidate providing support to the Admin and Sales teams in the development, planning, management, and delivery of our full range of training courses.
The candidate’s responsibilities will include (but is not limited to):
- Registering delegates with the appropriate Awarding Bodies
- Preparation of course materials
- Preparing certification for customers
- Providing customer support via e-mail and telephone
- Providing support to instructors during course provision
- Data entry on our CRM system of customer and delegate details
- Supporting larger projects within the administration team
- Provide support to the accounts team
- Organising stock checks for course materials and resources
- General Housekeeping of Training Centre
- Supporting the provision of online courses using platforms such as Microsoft Teams and Zoom.
- Invigilating examinations and aiding with any delegate reasonable adjustment measures (training will be provided)
- Supporting the sales team with incoming enquiries
The candidate is expected to have good administrative skills, attention to detail and be comfortable speaking with clients, visitors, suppliers, and associates.
£200 per week
Monday – Friday - 8am – 5pm
40 hours working week
1 hour maximum / 20 minutes minimum
20% paid time during working hours is given to complete training, referred to as “Off the Job Training”
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Experience with Microsoft Office software - especially Microsoft Word and Outlook.
- Strong data entry skills
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to situations.
- The ability to multitask multiple projects and tasks at once.
- To be outgoing and a good team player.
- The ability to use initiative where necessary and strive to improve the customer experience.
- Willingness to learn in a fast-paced environment.
- Friendly and approachable personality
- Ability to work as a team as well as independently.
- Honesty and Integrity
GCSE Maths Grade C / 5 or above
GCSE English Grade C / 5 or above
On the job training with the employer whilst working towards the Apprenticeship Standard - Business administrators have a highly transferable set of knowledge, skills and behaviours that can be applied in all sectors. This includes small and large businesses alike; from the public sector, private sector and charitable sector. The role may involve working independently or as part of a team and will involve developing, implementing, maintaining and improving administrative services. Business administrators develop key skills and behaviours to support their own progression towards management responsibilities.