Finance Support Officer - Full Time
(whilst the role is advertised as full time worked over 52 weeks we would consider term time working plus additional weeks for the right candidate)
• To assist the Group Financial Controller (GFC) by undertaking core finance processes and general administrative tasks to:
– ensure strong and compliant accounting and financial reporting across the Trust, upholding the highest standards of financial probity
– monitor effective financial controls and processes in the Trust
Key duties and responsibilities
• Set up and maintain a monthly return summary to ensure collation of Monthly Financial Information from Tenax’s schools and Teaching and Training Hubs.
• Consolidate monthly financial management information
• Prepare of monthly recharges
• Maintain the trust’s annual financial calendar
• Prepare payroll data for monthly finance returns
• Undertake a range of financial procedures for primary schools that have opted to have central financial support (including placing orders, paying invoices, uploading Bank BACS runs and monitoring finance email accounts)
• Maintain the trust’s internal finance portal and ensuring all published information is current and up to date
• Monitor and check information from schools for audit returns
• Work on ad-hoc projects as directed by the GFC e.g. the smooth implementation of the new finance system
• Attend meetings as required.
• Maintain confidentiality inside and outside the workplace.
• Understand and follow all school and Trust policies and procedures.
• Performing other ad hoc duties and assignments as may be determined suitable by the GFC.
• Partake in relevant training and development as required by the GFC
This role description will be reviewed annually and may be subject to modification after consultation with the postholder. It is not intended to be a comprehensive statement but to set out the principal expectations of the Trust in relation to this role.
Any potential applicant who would appreciate an informal and confidential discussion with Pauline Barritt, GFC about the post should arrange an appointment by contacting: firstname.lastname@example.org
Such conversations are not part of the selection process for the role.
Application forms can be downloaded once you click to apply below
Please then send your completed application form to Emma Ivory, HR Officer at Tenax Schools. – HR@tenaxschoolstrust.co.uk by 10.30 a.m. Thursday 25 August 2022
Please refer to the guidance notes for applicants.Shortlisted candidates
Short listing will take place on the afternoon of Friday 26 August after which the shortlisted candidates will be contacted. This will include a letter outlining the interview process.
Interviews will take place at Bennett Memorial Diocesan School**, between 1st and 2nd September 2022
Offer of Employment
The successful candidate will be contacted by phone on or before Monday 5th September 2022 and an offer of employment made subject to the satisfactory completion of all pre-employment checks
Please advise as soon as possible if you require reasonable adjustments to enable you to participate in this recruitment process. This may include alternative arrangements at the application or interview stag. Please contact Emma Ivory, Human Resources Officer at HR@tenaxschoolstrust.co.uk regarding such needs.
The Tenax Schools Trust is part of the Tenax Schools Trust.
Tenax Schools Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children and young people and all applicants are expected to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to pre-employment checks, including satisfactory references and an Enhanced DBS check.
The Tenax Schools Trust is a Church of England 'Multi Academy Trust' (MAT) which exists to provide outstanding education in secondary and primary schools.
In our Church of England schools we place particular emphasis on teaching young people about Christian values, beliefs and traditions, and we model Christian values in the way we work with young people.